For the GS-05 Field Office Assistant (Office Automation), applicants must meet the typing proficiency requirement AND the minimum qualifications of the grade level as listed below.
Typing Proficiency: This position requires a qualified typist.
You must type at least 40 words per minute.
Minimum Qualifications: The Field Office Assistant occupation has specific minimum qualification requirements which apply to all positions. Education above the high school level must have been completed in a U.S. college, university, or other educational institution that has been accredited by one of the accrediting agencies or associations recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education. You have to attach a copy of your transcripts to your application package under the document type Transcripts. One of the following statements must be applicable to you.
· You must have at least 1 year of specialized experience directly related to this occupation equivalent to the GS-04. This experience includes general office duties such as handling of mail, telephone calls, and visitors, reviewing outgoing correspondence, providing or following up on requests for information, using operating systems, such as Windows7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, assembling reports, using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
· You must have successfully completed four years of education above the high school level in any field leading to a bachelor's degree or you must have obtained a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours. Please attach a copy of your transcripts to your application package under document type 'Transcripts'.
· You must have some specialized experience as described in A, but less than one year; and you must have more than 2 years, but less than 4 years of education as described in B. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours. You have to compute the percentage of the requirements that you meet, and the total must be at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education by 120. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify). Please attach a copy of your transcripts to your application package under document type 'Transcripts'.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
· Ability to provide administrative support.
· Ability to plan, organize and coordinate activities and office schedules.
· Skill in using computers and various software programs.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Click here for more information.
· Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
· You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
· One year trial/probationary period may be required.
· Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
· Personnel security investigation required.
· Travel is required approximately 10% of the time.
· Requires possession of or ability to acquire a valid state drivers license.
· Requires operating a government vehicle.
· Requires incumbent to be physically able to move boxes up to 40 lbs, 5% of the time.
· This position is a TERM position. It is temporary and may be extended up to a maximum of four years.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences. Only the most recently submitted resume will be considered.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.