After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it. Vacancy Identification Number
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 7995791. Title of Job
Cook2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
0411. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Cook21. Geographic Availability
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
RQ0397000 Fort Buchanan, Guaynab, PR22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
Please indicate if you have the experience listed below for each item. Your response must be verified by your application and/or resume and in the interview process.
1. Possess basic knowledge of food preparation methods and procedures.
2. Ability to read and understand written food service material, such as food labels, standardized recipes, and basic work instructions.
3. Skill in basic mathematical computations to multiply ingredients in a recipe or to determine how many servings a container will hold.
4. Skill in operating, disassembling and cleaning basic food service equipment such as griddles, broilers, and food grinders.
5. Possess working knowledge of basic sanitation, infection and spoilage control procedures.
6. Skill in cooking a limited variety of prepared foods or short order foods.
7. Ability to lift or move objects up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with the assistance of other workers or lifting devices.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am
called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
8. Operate a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources.
9. Disassemble, clean and assemble component parts and accessories in the kitchen, following safety procedures.
10. Proper use of kitchen equipment, safety practices, personal hygiene, and conformance with food service sanitation requirements.
11. Cover, date, and store leftovers according to established procedures.
12. Follow written instructions from supervisor/foreman to accomplish a specific job in the form of cooks worksheet, menus, standardized recipes and meal schedules.
13. Prepare hot cereals and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces and gravies.
14. Prepare food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
15. Weigh or package meat or other food products for proper storage.
First review all of the items listed below. After reviewing them, select the option that BEST describes the preference which you are eligible for. If you are eligible for more than one selection preference/priority consideration please indicate as appropriate. All supporting documentation must be uploaded /attached with your application in order to receive the requested priority consideration/selection preference. The next lower selection preference/priority consideration will be assigned if failure to provide supporting documentation prior to the closing date.
1. Are you residing within local commuting area? NOTE: If you are a Military Spouse moving into the area in 30 days, please respond to this question with Yes for employment consideration.
2. Are you willing to relocate yourself to this geographic location on your own expense? Answer Yes if you are willing to drive to and from work on your own expense.
3. Are you claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)? NOTE: A spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty military member of the Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard, and a member of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred prior to the service member's relocation to the new duty station. Sponsor's PCS Orders are REQUIRED at the time of application to verify your claim. Eligibility time period begins 30 days before the military's sponsor's reporting date at the new duty location and continues during the entire tour, or until acceptance or declination of a position offer (NAF or APF) at the grade for which preference has been requested. Preference is also terminated on placement into any continuing position (NAF or APF), or one expected to continue for at least 1 year in the new duty location, whether or not preference was applied. This preference is only honored for the new duty location and any other installation within commuting area.
4. Are you claiming Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP)? NOTE: Certain members of the Armed Services, and dependents thereof, who were involuntarily separated from active duty with an honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge, are entitled to preference in hiring for a period of 1 year after separation. The preference must be claimed at time of application. An individual is entitled to this preference in hiring only one time. The preference is terminated upon placement in, or declination of, a NAF position for which application was made. A DD-214 member 4 copy needs to be provided and/or a Military and Civilian identification cards bearing the over stamp Transition Assistance (TA), to verify your claim.
5. Are you a DOD NAF employee separated by a business-based action? NOTE: This priority consideration is authorized for up to one year from separation. This priority is separate and apart from the Reemployment Priority List (RPL) priority placement program. A copy of the Separation DA Form 3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
6. Are you a Current or Former NAF Employee? NOTE: This does not include emergency hire FLEX service, but includes any other service with a DOD NAFI. A copy of your most recent DA3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
7. Are you a current APF Employee? NOTE: You must have been serving in a position without time limits and have served continuously for at least 1 year in an Army APF position. Current APF employees are deemed to have Current/Former NAF employee status. Your most recent SF-50 must be provided to verify your claim.
8. Are you claiming Outside Applicant Veteran Preference (OAV)? NOTE: Veteran's priority consideration does not apply to in-service placement actions. No point system is applied for NAF positions. A copy of your DD Form 214, Member-4 copy, must be provided to verify your claim.
9. Are you an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV)? - This preference applies if you have never had any professional affiliation with the Armed Services or Federal Government as well as a Federal Government Instrumentality (NAF).