These benefits generally apply if you are selected for a permanent or term appointment:
The Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program has many plans to choose from, all at very reasonable rates, which can be paid from pre-tax income.
The Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) is one of the premier retirement programs in the Nation. The program features three components: a retirement pension; the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP, an employee controlled investment program); and social security.
Federal Employee Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) offers numerous life insurance policy options covering federal employees and dependents.
For more benefits information please visit: http://www.opm.gov/employment_and_benefits/employeesupport2.asp
· You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
· TDY Travel: OCCASIONAL
· A one year probationary or trial period may be required.
· We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
· Moving costs will NOT be paid.
· Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives are NOT authorized.
· This is a DTIC acquisition workforce DAWIA position in the Information Technology career field. Selectee must be level 2 certified (or eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the Information Technology career field. Mandatory training, experience and education DAWIA requirements will be used during the rating process. Attach a copy of the highest DAWIA certification in which you currently hold.
· For more information on veterans' preference click here.
· Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
· The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It is applicable to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. To view this policy please click here.
· This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
· For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
· You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.