Job Title:ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Farm Service Agency
Job Announcement Number:UK798392SD-AD
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, December 05, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 19, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Huron, SD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED.
NOTE: This vacancy is also currently advertised under the following announcements:
- Merit Promotion (applicants with status as current or former federal employees or applicants eligible under special hiring authority) Vacancy #UK797978SD-DT at the GS-07.
- All Sources (all citizens with or without status and ALSO applicants with status as current or former federal employees or applicants eligible under special hiring authority) Vacancy#UK798014SD-DT at the GS-09.Complete application must be received for each job announcement applied to; additional information about who may apply can be found in each job announcement.
The Farm Service Agency (FSA) is looking for dedicated and talented individuals to assist in its mission of partnering with the American farmers and ranchers to attain an economically and environmentally sound future for American agriculture. FSA supports America's farmers and ranchers as they face the uncertainties of weather and market conditions. FSA delivers commodity, credit, conservation, disaster, and emergency assistance programs that help improve the stability and strength of the agricultural economy.
FSA is an exciting and rewarding place to start, build and/or continue your career. Be part of our team and support the well-being of American agriculture and the American public.
FSA's diverse culture and benefits allow for a healthy balance between your career and home life. In addition to a generous salary, FSA offers a friendly and professional working environment with a diverse workforce, flexible hours/work schedules, and other family-friendly benefits such as: paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement and supplemental savings plan, a wide array of health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, flexible spending accounts, and long-term care insurance.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply.
- Required to pass a background investigation and fingerprint check.
- Registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Meet education and/or experience requirements.
- May be used to fill more than one vacancy.
- Complete the Occupational Questionnaire/Submit resume/supporting documents.
DUTIES:Back to top
This position is assigned to the FSA SOUTH DAKOTA STATE OFFICE, Administrative Branch, located in Huron, Beadle County, South Dakota.
- Assists the Executive Officer in planning, coordinating, and monitoring a variety of administrative management services provided to the State and County Offices.
- Major responsibilities include a variety of areas, such as contracting and procurement, management analysis, budget and financial management, and support services.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Wednesday, December 19, 2012.
You may start at the GS-7 level if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Superior Academic Achievement: A bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university with either: 1) a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 based on a 4.0 scale; 2) a 3.5 GPA based on a 4.0 scale for required courses completed in a major field of study during the last two years of undergraduate study; 3) class standing of upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision of the college; 4) membership in a National Scholastic Honor Society certified by the Association of College Honor Societies, excluding freshman honor societies; OR
- One year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-5 level in the Federal service that demonstrates knowledge of basic administrative and management principles and practices sufficient to perform highly structured, entry-level work designed to develop broader and more in-depth knowledge and skill to perform higher level assignments. This experience demonstrates a basic knowledge of contracting and procurement, management analysis, budget and financial management and support services; OR
- One year of graduate level education OR a masters degree or higher level graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major field of study in social or behavioral sciences or in such fields as business or public administration, industrial management, psychology, law, or education; OR
- A combination of graduate level education and specialized experience as listed above.
College Transcript: Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.