Job Title:Lead Range/Forestry Technician (Fuels)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Land Management
Job Announcement Number:BLM-FIRE-2013-033
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Monday, December 03, 2012 to
Tuesday, March 05, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|These are full time excepted service temporary seasonal positions; Not to Exceed 6 months. -
The length and actual dates of employment may vary depending on the position.|
|FEW vacancies -
Boise, ID, USView Map|
FEW vacancies -
Twin Falls, ID, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from all qualified United States citizens.|
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is looking for temporary employees to work as a Fuels Module Leaders located in Twin Falls District(Shoshone/Burley/Twin Falls) and Boise District (Boise/Middleton/Bruneau/Hammett) in Idaho.
FIRST CONSIDERATION DATE: The following locations will begin to consider applicants prior to the closing date of the announcement. You must apply on or before the date indicated below to receive first consideration for the location(s) you are interested in. Thereafter, applications may be considered as needed by location; during the open period of the announcement: 01/22/2013 Boise District (Boise/Bruneau/Hammett/Middleton), ID Twin Falls District (Burley/Shoshone/Twin Falls), ID For information on the Bureau of Land Management fire program, please visit their website. For contacts and information regarding housing availability visit Fire Contacts on the DOI Fire Jobs website and select Idaho.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- Positions require a valid state drivers license
- Some positions may require a CDL; information will be provided at job offer
- All positions have medical qualification requirements
- You must be 18 years of age or older prior to appointment.
- These positions have no promotion potential.
DUTIES:Back to top
A Lead Wildland Firefighter (GS-06 Lead Range/Forestry Technician) Serves as the leader of a Prescribed Fire/Fuels Module crew of a minimum of three crewmembers. Leads crews in all aspects of wildland and prescribed fire operations including preparation, ignition, monitoring, holding, mop-up and rehabilitation. Performs hazard fuel reduction projects, which entail thinning and cutting vegetation. Serves as a Prescribed Fire Monitor,collecting and evaluation weather, fuels, topography and fire behavior data for prescribed and wildland fires. Serves as Ignition Specialized, Field Observer, Squad Boss or as a holding or ignition crew member. Operates four-wheel drive vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for a GS-06,
- 12 months of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-5 level duties. Examples include on-the-line wildland fire experience in forest/range fire control, prevention or suppression work; operating and maintaining specialized wildland fire tools/equipment/vehicles and may include leading crewmembers. OR
- 9 semester/12 quarter hours credit of graduate education directly related to this position; OR - a combination of education and experience that is directly related to the work of this position. For more information regarding basic qualifications, general experience and combining education and experience click here.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/TESTING: You must pass an initial pre-employment physical examination and must be able to pass the work capacity fitness test (Must carry a 45 lb pack for 3 miles within 45 minutes). Failure to meet any of the required medical qualifications will disqualify you for employment. Any condition, which would cause you to be a hazard to yourself or to others, will disqualify you for employment.
DRUG TESTING: BLM POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO RANDOM DRUG TESTING. If selected for a random drug test, it must be completed prior to beginning work. The drug test will be provided at Government direction and expense. Once hired, employees are also subject to random drug testing during employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated by reviewing your on-line resume and your responses to the User Information, Core Questions, and Vacancy Questions, and if applicable your transcripts. ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS MUST BE SUPPORTED IN YOUR RESUME AND WILL BE VERIFIED. IF THEY ARE NOT SUPPORTED IN YOUR RESUME, YOU MAY BE RATED UNQUALIFIED.
To preview questions please click here.