Job Title:Program Support Assistant (OA), GS-0303-7 (Open to US Citizens) JAC
Department:Department Of Transportation
Job Announcement Number:MARAD.HQ-2013-0013
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, November 30, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 05, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen.
This job is also being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: MARAD.HQ-2013-0011.
The Maritime Administration is the agency within the U.S. Department of Transportation dealing with waterborne transportation. Its programs promote the use of waterborne transportation and its seamless integration with other segments of the transportation system, and the viability of the U.S. merchant marine. The Maritime Administration works in many areas involving ships and shipping, shipbuilding, port operations, vessel operations, national security, environment, and safety.
This position is located under the Associate Administrator for Business and Finance Development in the Office of Cargo Preference and Domestic Trade. You will serve as a Program Support Assistant to the Office Director. One of the primary missions of the Office is to create, coordinate and implement programs and projects designed to increase the overall U.S.-flag merchant marine participation in the carriage of U.S. ocean-borne foreign and domestic trade.
This ideal candidate is an experienced administrative professional that possesses the understanding of organizational operations, policies, programs, and administrative procedures to provide appropriate information to those contacting the agency and to prepare associated correspondence or make action assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AND WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON THE CLOSING DATE OR AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY WE RECEIVE THE 50TH APPLICATION, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: MARAD.HQ-2013-0013
- You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Program Support Assistant (OA)
- Assists in completing the daily overall administration and management of the office.
- Assists staff in preparing office reports and data gathering. Edits, formats, and checks for grammatical accuracy of office reports.
- Reviews administrative documents for outdated or irrelevant materials and updates the information as appropriate.
- Maintains and routes controlled correspondence, in accordance with agency and department procedures including analyzing the incoming documents to determine the program office.
- Processes all travel related transactions using GovTrip or other government approved software.
- Answers telephone calls for the Office Directors, and for calls of technical matters, take messages or transfer to appropriate staff members.
- Assists office personnel in entering shipment data into the CAPOS (Cargo Preference Overview System) from bills of lading.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience in the use of various office automation applications and systems to prepare a variety of materials and documents in various formats.
- Experience using computerized tracking systems for monitoring the status of actions.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- TYPING: You must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the closing date:
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE.
- VETERANS: In order to be considered as preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD-214 must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming compensably disabled preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your DD214; an Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference, SF15; and the proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally an official statement, dated 1991 or later, from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's preference. Additional information on veterans' preference is available in the Vet's Guide at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS: If requesting concurrent consideration for: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp#AppointmentsLeading Noncompetitive Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility, (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/qaspouse/index.aspx military spouse NC appointments or http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp" Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS: - Only required if requesting priority consideration under http://www.opm.gov/ctap/ CTAP/ICTAP</A>. You must submit ALL of the FOLLOWING: your most recent performance appraisal, the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency and your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. To receive priority consideration, you MUST be deemed well qualified for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.