Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) - SV-2210-J
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:HQ-OIT-12-554067
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, December 10, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 19, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary includes Locality Pay of 24.22%.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
For additional information about our agency please:
Click Here. These vacancies will be filled through DHS/TSA's Direct-Hire Authority. Under the Direct-Hire Authority, category grouping and Veterans' Preference does not apply.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- You must pass Drug and Alcohol Screening, subject to random drug tests.
DUTIES:Back to top
This Information Technology (IT) Specialist (INFOSEC) position is located in the Operations Engineering Division (OED), Office of Information Technology (OIT), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a Principle Server Infrastructure and Operating System Specialist in support of the systems engineering enterprise operations and systems engineering life cycle activities. Your duties will include oversight of the planning, analyzing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing of information systems requirements, policies, procedures, and tools to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data. Additionally, you will serve as the Project Lead over work involved in the design, implementation, maintenance, and modification of information technology systems and networks that are critical to the success of the TSA.
- Performing technical analyses and methodological assessments and reviewing a wide range of information systems in terms of design, development, implementation, approval and periodic evaluation, and in provision of a variety of operational, data processing and analysis services to TSA.
- Developing, implementing, and testing systems to evaluate compliance with specifications and requirements by applying principles and methods for cost-effective planning, evaluating, verifying, and validating of technical, functional, and performance characteristics (including interoperability) of systems or elements of systems incorporating IT.
- Leading, supporting, and promoting the protection of the IT infrastructure by incorporating IT Security and Cyber Security requirements, technologies, and processes into all engineering projects and activities.
- Performing as a technical analyst for a variety of IT security and cyber security technologies in infrastructure operations, engineering and system projects.
- Supporting a variety of technologies in infrastructure operations, engineering, and system projects (e.g. installation of new operations technical environments or engineering support of various systems capabilities, patches, upgrades and releases) to include: defining requirements and identifying integration issues; supporting the installation, customization, testing, and implementation of the technical infrastructure operating environments and the evaluation of the impact of new and proposed applications on the operating environments; and supporting the implementation of changes to ensure the functionality and stability of the operating environment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
FOR ALL IT POSITIONS: All applicants must possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four basic competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
In addition to the requirements above, to qualify for the SV-J Pay Band (equivalent to GS-14), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-I Pay Band or GS-13 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes:
- applying comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft/Wintel (MS) or UNIX/ORACLE or Storage Area Network (SAN) or Backup and Recovery (BUR) systems projects or Blackberry Enterprise Server or Load Balancers or data center platform infrastructure for the installation of new operations or implementation of new systems capabilities, patches, upgrades and releases;
- supporting the application of security systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods sufficient to provide secure services that support business requirements; and
- identifying the requirements and integration issues for IT environments and systems to include supporting the installation, customization, testing, and implementation of the technical infrastructure operating environment.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required to meet the qualifications for these positions.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. This includes both online and mailed application materials. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please call the TSA HR Access Help Desk at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the Help Desk at the number listed above for a printed Employment Packet which will be sent to you for completion and return to this office.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent personnel action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating your current or previous permanent Federal employment status, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the qualified
applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.