SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: Applicants must have experience creating, editing and managing search collections within FAST Data Search version 5+.
In addition, applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level, GS-13 level in the Federal Service. Specialized Experience is experience that demonstrates mastery skill in applying internet services, concepts, best practices, internet services architecture, interrelationships of multiple IT disciplines and project management sufficient to lead the development of agency internet policies, and prepare and implement metrics for measuring policy effectiveness.
College Transcript and Evaluation of Foreign Education - Transcripts (in English) must be submitted if (a) a degree is required for the position, and/or (b) education is used as the basis for qualifying for this position. The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service. If courses were taken at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, or from several different colleges or universities, you must submit all the necessary transcripts. If your education was completed at a foreign college or university, you must show comparability to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States and comparability to applicable minimum course work requirements for this position. Click Evaluation of Foreign Education for more information.
Education cannot be substituted for experience at this grade level.
Applicants must meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be evaluated against the evaluation factors below and will be placed into a category based on your vacancy question responses.
Category A - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in applying critical competencies required by this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.
Category B - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the critical competencies required by this position.
Category C - Meets the specialized experience described in the minimum qualifications requirements section of this announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the basic competencies.
Evaluation Factors (Competencies) - All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following key competencies (click Evaluation Tools for information):
1. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
2. Written Communication - Expresses facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
3. Leadership - Inspires, motivates and guides others toward goal accomplishment; coaches, mentors, and challenges subordinates; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations; models high standards of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, and respect for the individual by applying these values to daily behaviors.
4. Technical Knowledge (Internet) - This specialty covers technical planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and management of Internet, Intranet, and extranet activities, including systems/applications development and technical management of web sites.
5. Strategic Thinking - Formulates effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization in a global economy. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities.
To preview questions please click here.
The information you provide may be verified by a review of your work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (ex. interview). The examining Human Resources Office (HRO) makes the final determination concerning applicant ratings. Your resume MUST provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the vacancy questions. If not, the HRO may amend your responses to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated by the content of your resume. Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex. interview, panel review, written test, writing sample, etc.)
INFORMATION FOR ICTAP ELIGIBLES ONLY: If you are eligible for special priority selection under ICTAP, you must be well-qualified for the position to receive consideration. ICTAP eligibles who are placed into Category B or higher will be considered "well-qualified".
Click Application of Veterans Preference for Category Rating Jobs for more information.