- U.S. Citizenship
- Education and/or Experience Combination: Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or a related science
Completion of a Medical Technology Clinical Practice Training Program that is NAACLS accredited.
- Certification (COPY REQUIRED): Currently possess of be eligible for and pass wihin one year the appropriate Certification Examination as a Medical Technologist or a Clinical Laboratory Scientist given by the American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Registry (ASCP-BOR), the National Credentialing Agency (NCA), American Association of Clinical Chemists (AACC),American Medical Technologists (AMT), or the American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB).
- English Language Proficiency: Medical Technologists must be proficient in spoken and written english in accordance with Title 38 U.S.C.
- GS-12: Must have completed the equivalent of one year of full-time, creditable, progressively responsible experience comparable to the next lower grade level (GS-11) or at least 5 years working in a Mircobiology Laboratory. You can substitute 3 years of progressively higher level education or a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in medical technology or a directly related field for experience as long as the basic requirements are met.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Verification of Education: To qualify based on education, or where education is a minimum requirement, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or list of courses with credit hours, majors, and grade-point average or class ranking. Transcript materials will not be returned. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following Web site: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
BASIS OF RATING: Your rating will be based on the quality of your experience as shown in your application and elements. Listed below are the knowledge, skills and abilities considered essential for successful performance in this position. These elements will be used to determine the highly qualified candidates to be referred to the selecting official.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: You will be rated on the following as part of the assessment questionaire for this position:
1. Knowledge of laboratoy accreditation.
2. Skill to develop procedures and plans.
3. Ability to maintain accurate and timely operations.
4. Ability to perform the full range of duties and skill in supervising a group of individuals.
5. Knowledge of fiscal, time management, computer skills and customer service.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.