All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Sunday, December 16, 2012. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-4 level in the Federal service to include collections management, registration, cataloging, research, preservation, restoration, or conservation of collections of museum material; OR
B. Completed a four year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with major study or at least 24 semester hours in any combination of courses such as art, history, museum studies, or scientific subjects; OR
C. Combination of education and experience - specialized experience as described in A above and education as described in B above, which when combined totals 100%.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation HERE .
Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty. IF QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION (IN ANY PART) YOU MUST PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. IF SELECTED YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS WILL RESULT IN AN INELGIBLE RATING.
You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply. For further information click HERE.
1. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
2. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
3. You must be a US citizen.
4. Upon consideration of all qualified applicants, a tentative selection will be made pending the favorable completion of a pre-employment background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your rating will be based on both your responses to the Job Assessment Questionnaire and the information stated in your resume. The assessment questions relate to the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) that are required to perform the work of this position. Only education and experience acquired by the closing filing deadline will be considered.
Please Note: All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. Upon review, if it is determined that your work history, KSAs, narrative responses, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may be rated ineligible, not qualified or your score may be modified. Please ensure that your work history and narrative responses provide enough detail to support your answers to the KSAs.
- Ability to follow museum collections maintenance and collections care schedules
- Knowledge of professional envornmental monitoring techniques and data recording.
- Ability to select materials and operate basic hand tools appropriately for museum exhibits utilizing preservation standards
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".
Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. Candidates will be ranked into 3 categories:
Category Group I (Best Qualified) - applicants who possess experience and/or education that well exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective factors and all quality ranking factors. Applicants considered best qualified must be highly proficient in all requirements of the job and be able to perform effectively in the position.
Category Group II (Well Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job.
Category Group III (Minimally Qualified) - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all of the requirements of the job.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: Veterans Preference applies to category rating. Within each quality category, veteran's preference eligibles are listed first, including CP, CPS, XP, and TP. In addition, veterans who have a 10% or more service-connected compensable disability (CP or CPS) are placed at the top of the highest quality category. Applicants referred are listed on the selection certificate alphabetically (veteran's preference eligibles before non-veterans) without scores.