In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
· Experience in analyzing and reviewing contracts for services and equipment requirements and capabilities.
· Experience in analyzing, coordinating or evaluating project plans and programs in support of command readiness requirements.
· Experience in monitoring contract methods and processes to advise command on project requirements and shortfalls for assigned projects.
· Experience in evaluating project assessments of deliverables to determine and recommend continuation, modification or termination of projects.
· Experience in reviewing contracting procedures, methods and contract types, such as formal advertising, fixed price and cost contracting to make informed contracting decisions and recommendations.
· Experience in providing technical assistance in writing specifications to define customer contract requirements, contractors estimates, resolving problems in contractor performance and identifying technical problems.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
A Secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
1. Knowledge of Project Management and Direction
2. Knowledge of Project Planning and Coordination
3. Knowledge of Contracting Officer Representative duties
4. Skill in applying procurement and acquisition management
5. Ability to communicate
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.