Minimum Qualification Requirement:
For GS-11 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: participating in the analysis of policies, procedures, regulations, supply chain requirements, budget and financial management, and computer applications of a nutrition assistance or social service program.
For GS-12 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes: analyzing policies, procedures, regulations and computer applications of a nutrition assistance or social services program. Participating in the supply chain computer application system life cycle (requirements determination, design, etc.) business process re-engineering and budget development and management processes regarding Federal, State, or local Government programs.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
For the GS-11 level: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Notes: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Foreign education must be evaluated by a credentialing agency.
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Ability to manage and monitor program and organization budgets. Provide documentation and spreadsheet analysis of budget scenarios and current status.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing as a representative of an agency to present ideas, concepts, policies, and procedures, and resolve conflicts, in a clear, precise manner.
- Ability to communicate program needs to technical and non-technical stakeholders and to understand the nature of a problem, identify the root cause, and effectively communicate solutions.
- Ability to establish relationships, negotiate agreements, and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate with program stakeholders concerning changes required for computer system improvements and process standardizations.
- Ability to analyze and compile data from multiple sources to make recommendations for policy modifications and changes in operational procedures.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Best Qualified, Well-Qualified or Qualified depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference- eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference- eligibles in that category. Qualified preference- eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Well Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.