In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) utilizing Polytron Version Control System (PVCS) or Visual SourceSafe (VSS) to check in software products to manage software applications configuration 2) designing user interfaces for existing applications to allow exchange of data with 3rd party applications, and 3) making modifications to existing databases using MS SQL tools. My IT-related experience demonstrates each of the four competencies as defined: (1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - I develop and maintain relationships with customers with diverse needs. I provide technical information about products and services. I assess the needs of customers and identify or tailor products and/or services to meet their needs. I resolve non-routine problems, questions, or complaints and direct the most complex problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person. (3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; (4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. NOTE: THIS INFORMATION MUST BE SUPPORTED IN YOUR RÉSUMÉ TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
OR Possess a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level doctoral education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent graduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-AltA.asp
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and/or appointment eligibility.
EDUCATION: Are you using your education to qualify? If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) . See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying f or further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
· A Secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
· This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and requires additional education, training and experience. Applicants should meet the DAWIA Certification requirements for the Information Technology (R) career field and be certified at the Level II within 24 months of employment. If you possess DAWIA Certification, please indicate your Certification Level and Career Field information in your resume. Certification requirements may be viewed at http://icatalog.dau.mil.
· Applicants not certified may still apply and be selected for DAWIA positions, but must achieve certification within 24 months of appointment. Certification requirements may be viewed at http://icatalog.dau.mil.
· Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay progam.
· A 40 hour work week is typical for this position.
· Incumbent may be required to travel 1-5 nights per month.
· Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period. Under the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Science Technology Reinvention Laboratory (SSC STRL) personnel system, selectee may be required to successfully complete a three-year probationary period.
· This position requires an Information Assurance (IA) Technical, Level 2 certification. Position includes 1-14 hours per week performing IA duties. Employee shall obtain (within 6 months of appointment) and maintain the proper Information Assurance (IA) certification for information assurance position as required in the DoD8570.1-M. Upon request IAM, the employee shall provide documentation supporting the information assurance certification statue. The employee and his or her supervisor shall ensure the employee maintains certification status. Certification and maintenance requirement for the certification shall be at no cost to the employee. Certified IA personnel performing IA functions whose certification lapses shall have their access to DoD information systems either downgraded to a level appropriate for their certification status or denied access to DoD information systems.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities/competencies:
- Knowledge of Software Testing and Evaluation
- Knowledge of Requirements Management Processes and Principles
- Knowledge of Requirements Management Documentation
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans' preference; however, preference is still applied. A pplicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified- Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified - Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.