You must meet the following requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of the announcement.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes accomplishment of computer project assignments requiring a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled.This specialized experience should include experience as a systems administrator with such tasks as: installing, supporting, and maintaining servers, planning for and responding to service outages and other problems, as well as hardware or software troubleshooting.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must demonstrate they have experience in each of the four competencies described below. The experience has to be IT-related.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
Time In Grade: For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
Time After Competitive Appointment: Candidates who are current federal employees serving on a nontemporary competitive appointment must have served at least 3 months in that appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.
- Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
- Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Skill or knowledge in the design, installation, configuration, security, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Single Sign-On (SSO), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), or Identity Management.
- Ability to support business projects integrating Single Sign-On (SSO), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), or Identity Management capabilities into business applications. The focus should be on engineering solutions for projects with unique requirements that can't be addressed with standard out-of-box integration.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to complete projects on time/target/budget, exchange information, support the development of team members, and further the missions of Fiscal Service and our external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and/or in person, to present technical findings to varied audiences, exchange ideas, defend rationale, present recommendations, and negotiate solutions to sensitive issues.
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
- Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.