Job Title:Nurse Practitioner - Transitional Care Services
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:13-795988-ETP
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, November 28, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 12, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Los Angeles, CA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 795988 (please include on all documents)
The VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (VAGLAHS) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work in our Transitional Care Unit (TCU). This position reports to the Associate Chief Nursing Services, Geriatrics and Rehabilitative Care (GRC) with daily clinical supervision by the collaborating physician/hospitalist. The NP will work in the TCU practice setting and may be called upon to work as an NP within GRC depending on the needs of the service.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing may be required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- English Language Proficiency required.
DUTIES:Back to top
17. Accepts that there will be interdisciplinary cross coverage with staff NPs in GRC
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- A Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current Furnishing License
- Current DEA Certificate for controlled substances schedules II-V
- National Certification as a Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing practice; acute care experience preferred.
- Previous NP experience required; Geriatric or gero-psychiatry experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association, American Heart Association or Military Training Network
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia. In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Demonstrated evidence of self-direction and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of effectively educating patients and patietn families.
- Computer Literacy proficiency with in-dept experience with the use of Microsoft Office programs or comparable word processing, spreadsheet and graphic software and the ability to learn new programs specific to the VA
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.Reference: VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6 NURSE QUALIFICATION STANDARD http://www1.va.gov/vapubs/viewPublication.asp?Pub_ID=464&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;FType=2
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for Compensable Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.