At the GS-11 level Qualified candidates must possess:
3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position: for example, professional experience in the humanities gained in organizations and institutions such as cultural organizations, colleges or universities, scholarly or grant-making organizations, or non-profit institutions. Typically, experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level would include work in the humanities performed with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment of moderate difficulty or responsibility requiring professional training equivalent to that represented by graduation from a college or university of recognized standing, and considerable additional professional training or experience which has demonstrated capacity for sound independent work.
At the GS-12 level Qualified candidates must possess:
3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position; for example, work in the humanities performed with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment, requiring somewhat extended professional training and experience and which has demonstrated important attainments and marked capacity for independent work.
In order to be found minimally qualified for this position, applicants must possess at least a BA in a humanities field, in addition to the qualifications listed above. A MA or PhD degree is preferred.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
1) Knowledge of digital resources in the humanities.
2) Knowledge of issues and trends in the library, archives, or museum field.
3) Experience in higher education, libraries, museums, archives, or in other non-profit or grant-making organizations.
4) Educational background in the humanities.
5) Ability to communicate orally.
6) Ability to communicate in writing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your résumé and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You will be further evaluated against job-related criteria and placed in one of three pre-defined categories:
· Best Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated outstanding proficiency in applying knowledge, skill, and ability in the critical competencies for this position.
· Better Category - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the critical competencies for this position.
· Qualified Category - Meets the specialized experience outlined in the minimum qualifications requirements section of the vacancy announcement.
Application of Veterans' Preference
* The Category Rating process does not add veterans' preference
points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of
veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within
* Preference eligibles who meet MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and the
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS and who have a compensable
service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in
the highest quality category, except when the position being
filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or
If after reviewing your résumé and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, delays in mail service, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.