Job Title:Licensed Practical Nurse - Firm Clinic
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:FZ-13-795616-MO
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, November 29, 2012 to
Thursday, December 20, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Cleveland, OH United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 795616 (Please include on all documents)
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, OH has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Occupational physical may be required.
- English language proficiency.
DUTIES:Back to top
There is a vacancy for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for the Firm Clinic's Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) at the Wade Park facility. This is a full time position, which requires a 40 hour work week between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This position requires an individual who is highly motivated and an excellent team player, with flexibility to assume other functions related to patient care on an as-needed basis within the clinic environment. Candidates will be required to work in partnership with an assigned Primary Care Provider, Registered Nurse, clerical staff and various support personnel as part of a PACT team member.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- Must possess a full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or District of Columbia.
- At least two years of medical-surgical experience.
- Excellent time and attendance.
- Ability to perform a wide range of treatments and procedures competently.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills in an environment that honors diversity.
- Ability to work in various clinical settings and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting and remain flexible as a team member.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and follow through with assignments.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
- Experience with health promotion and disease prevention.
- Patient/family teaching.
- Performance of clinical reminders via the electronic medical record is required.
When describing your experience please include your title, duties performed, and dates of employment. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be reviewed to determine your qualifications. Please be sure your resume and supporting documentation clearly reflect your expertise.