You must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To qualify at the CU-13 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-12 level or in the federal service qualifying specialized experience in at least two of the following areas:
1) Commercial real estate lending or commercial business lending;
2) Commercial and/or residential real estate loan collections and workouts;
3) Commercial real estate property management and sales;
4) Commercial real estate loan portfolio reviews and valuations.
In addition, you must be able to professionally challenge the work products of Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) credentialed individuals when required.
To qualify at the CU-14 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-13 level or in the federal service qualifying specialized experience in at least three of the following areas:
1) Commercial real estate loan underwriting or commercial business loan underwriting;
2) Negotiating the restructure or workout of commercial real estate loans or commercial business loans;
3) Managing the bulk sale of loan portfolios, including commercial real estate and business loans, residential mortgage loans and consumer loans;
4) Managing the bulk sale of real estate portfolios (REO), including both residential and commercial real estate;
5) Performing the valuation of loan portfolios including commercial loans, residential mortgage loans, and consumer loans;
6) Managing troubled commercial or residential real estate development projects.
You cannot qualify for this position based on education. You must have the specialized experience as outlined under the "Qualifications" section.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to quantify and qualify the risks of large complex loan portfolios and communicate these risks to credit union and agency personnel.
2. Knowledge of laws, regulations, administrative decisions, practices, procedures, and policies applicable to assets typically held by credit unions.
3. Ability to perform project management, including establishing program goals, scope, budget, assignments and workflow.
4. Knowledge of basic and specialized credit union lending programs, including indirect lending, sub-prime lending, risk-based lending, as well as, real estate and commercial lending.
5. Knowledge of resources available for information on various state laws governing the repossession, bankruptcy and foreclosure laws.
You must meet the qualifications for this position no later than the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified,
Better Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veterans' preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification.