Agency: National Science Foundation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Open to any U.S. Citizen, at least 16 years old, who is a student. Must be enrolled for the upcoming semester in a degree or certificate-seeking program taking at least a half-time course load. Must have at least a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Students are employed throughout the academic year.
Ever wonder who discovers a black hole? Who tracks monarch butterfly flight patterns or hosts a conference for robots? Believe it or not, the National Science Foundation helps to make all of these things possible! In addition to funding research in traditional academic areas, the agency supports innovative ideas, novel collaborations and numerous projects that may seem like science fiction today, but become the reality of tomorrow.
Our flexible work opportunities for students allow you to gather real professional experience and meaningful contacts as you begin your career. You will have the opportunity to see how both the federal government and our agency operate. Together, we ensure that the daily operations at NSF run smoothly and serve the needs of the science, engineering and education communities to produce results. Join us today! More about NSF. Positions under this vacancy announcement will be filled using hiring authorities under the Pathways Programs.
This is an opportunity under the Internship Program component of the Pathways Programs. The Internship Program provides students enrolled in high schools, colleges, trade schools and other qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while completing their education. Veteran's Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
The National Science Foundation (NSF) posts announcements for opportunities in the Internship Program multiple times per year.
- This vacancy will be used to select multiple students for positions at NSF.
- Candidates applying for an Internship position are applying for one of several similar positions in the agency.
- Applications to this announcement become part of an active applicant pool.
- When a hiring manager requests an intern, qualified candidates will be forwarded for consideration.
- The hiring manager will contact directly candidates who have been selected for an interview.
- If you are not selected for a position before the next Internship announcement is posted, your application becomes inactive.
- To be considered for other Internship positions at NSF, candidates must reapply each time a new announcement is posted.
- Eligible students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited academic institution and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher.
- Students can be hired for Internship positions at any time during the year.
- Students typically work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer, winter, and spring vacations.
- Students will be on indefinite appointments during their period of eligibility under the Internship Program.
- Interns will be required to sign an agreement that outlines the parameters of the Internship Program during employment with NSF.
- The Internship Program allows students an opportunity to be converted non-competitively to a career-conditional or term position once the student completes all requirements of the Internship Program.
- Noncompetitive conversion to a permanent or term position is not guaranteed. The Intern’s eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the agency will opt for conversion.
- You must type 40 words per minute with no more than 3 errors
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- You must be taking at least a half-time course load
- Background investigation
- Preview questions at bottom of Qualifications & Evaluations--see tab above