Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement:
GS-07: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-05 level.
GS-09: 52 weeks of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-07 level.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Experience directly related to the position to be filled which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled which involves a wide variety of administrative techniques, practices, and procedures.
TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENT (Must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement):
GS-07: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher.
GS-09: Applicants must have 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher.
DOCUMENTING EXPERIENCE: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
This position allows you to qualify and be considered based on your education.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Substitution of education for general and specialized experience will be made in accordance with the OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions. Employees who are substituting education for experience must provide official transcript upon selection.
For GS-07: One full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. Superior academic achievement is based on:
- Class standing in upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; OR
- GPA of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0 based on 4 years of education, or based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; OR
- GPA of 3.5 or higher based on the average of all the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; OR
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society that meets the minimum requirements of the Association of College Honor Societies (except for freshman honor societies.
For GS-09: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
To receive this consideration, please submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades) to document that you have met the education requirement. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package, however, official transcripts will be needed prior to beginning employment. Most colleges and universities offer unofficial transcripts online - please check your school website to obtain a copy quickly.
If you have Federal status and have never been on an appointment in this occupational series, you must submit your transcripts as indicated above. If you have Federal status and are currently or were previously on an appointment in this occupational series, you do not need to submit transcripts at the time of application. Instead, you should submit an SF-50 showing that you were on an appointment in this occupational series.
Foreign Degree Note: All foreign degrees must be evaluated by a nationally recognized Accrediting Agency. You must submit proof of such evaluation and/or conversion. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services website. This list, which may not be all inclusive, is for informational purposes only and does not imply any endorsement of any specific agency.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: No6. Bargaining Unit Position: No
7. Financial disclosure statement may be required. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to restrictions on financial holdings specifically FDA regulated financial holdings. This position could be subject to these restrictions. During the application and interview process, and prior to accepting this position, we advise applicants to seek additional information from the FDA Ethics Office at (301) 827-5511.
8. One-year probationary period may be required.
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Time-in-grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
12. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to strict restrictions on financial holdings (FDA regulated financial holdings). To determine whether this position is affected, applicants are advised to seek additional information during the interview process from the Ethics and Integrity Staff, Office of Management Programs, Office of Management at (301)827-5511 prior to accepting such a position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of a variety of administrative management services such as procurement, correspondence/records management, fleet management, and mail and file operations.
2. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques used in order to study efficiency in administrative program operations.
3. Knowledge of timekeeping and payroll principles and procedures.
4. Skill in written communications.