Job Title:Lead Wildland Firefighter (Lead Range or Forestry Aid/Technician)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Land Management
Job Announcement Number:BLM-FIRE-2013-021
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$16.73 to $16.73 / Per Hour|
|Monday, November 26, 2012 to Friday, March 29, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|These are full-time excepted service temporary seasonal positions; Not to Exceed 6 months. - The length and actual dates of employment may vary depending on the position.|
|FEW vacancies -
Austin, NV, USView Map|
FEW vacancies - Battle Mountain, NV, USView Map
FEW vacancies - Caliente, NV, USView Map
FEW vacancies - Carlin, NV, USView Map
FEW vacancies - Elko, NV, USView Map
More Locations (11)
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from all qualified United States citizens.|
The Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management is looking for temporary employees to work as Lead Wildland Firefighters (Range/Forestry Technicians) on a variety of wildland firefighting crews in Nevada.
These positions have been identified as one of the key fire management positions under the Interagency Fire Program Management (IFPM) Standard. This position has been categorized as a Supervisory Fire Engine Operator (SEOP), and is subject to meeting the minimum qualification standards for IFPM prior to being placed into the position. Detailed information regarding IFPM positions can be found at the IFPM website by clicking here.
Selection will be by district office and can include any of the locations indicated below:
- Battle Mountain District (Battle Mountain, Austin, Eureka, NV)
- Elko District (Elko, Wells, Carlin, NV)
- Ely District (Ely, Pony Springs, Caliente, NV)
- Winnemucca District (Winnemucca, Lovelock, McDermitt, Paradise Valley, NV)
- Southern Nevada District (Las Vegas, Logandale, Pahrump, NV)
FIRST CONSIDERATION DATE: Selecting Officials for all locations will begin to consider applicants prior to the closing date of the announcement. You must apply on or before 1/8/2013 to receive first consideration for the location(s) you are interested in. Thereafter, applications may be considered as needed by location; during the open period of the announcement.
For information on the Bureau of Land Managements fire program, please visit their website at Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
For contacts and information regarding housing availability visit Fire Contacts on the DOI Fire Jobs website and select Nevada.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- Positions may require a valid state drivers license
- Some positions may require a CDL; information will be provided at job offer
- All positions have medical qualification requirements
- You must be 18 years of age or older prior to appointment
- These positions have no promotion potential