Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-12) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized experience is defined as: Regular work in deployment and implementation of mobile technologies for both data and voice, and required regular application of knowledge and skill in transmission methods, data transfer processes and security requirements.
In addition to the minimum qualification requirements, Applicants must address in their resumes both the minimum qualifications requirements and the below Selective Placement Factor.
Selective Placement Factor: Applicant must have recent, substantial, demonstrated experience at the enterprise level, in installation, configuration, management, maintenance, and operation of wireless mobile technology, with specific in-depth experience with the Blackberry Enterprise Server in a multi-hosted enterprise environment. The experience must have included work with mobile apps, security features, network services, end-user devices, peripherals and transmission methods.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: Position has been designated as Non-critical Sensitive; incumbent is required to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. The incumbent of this position is required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and is subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with the DoD OIG.
Information Assurance: Must be able to acquire and maintain Information Assurance IAT Level II certification in accordance with DoD 8570.1-M. The specific certifications can be found in appendix C of the manual: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Knowledge of mobile technologies for both data and voice including transmission methods and techniques, data transfer processes, and security methodology.
- wireless personal communications systems, specifically including the Blackberry Enterprise Server, supporting infrastructure, and end user devices.
- Knowledge of procedures, processes, and policies of installation, configuration, optimization, and maintenance and security of mobile systems/devices.
- Skill in IT project management in all stages including design, deployment, and ongoing management of communication systems.
- Written, verbal, and presentation skills.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.