For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Must possess one or more years of progressively related specialized experience in the same or similar work at a level of difficulty and responsibility that has equipped you with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Creditable specialized experience would include:
- Working on most aspects of Information Technology (IT) analysis, clarify requirements, programming, testing, implementation, coordination, maintenance and for detailed systems and program code documentation for one or more complete systems, applications, or equivalent.
- Applying software/systems engineering concepts and techniques including supportability, reliability, scalability, etc., methods for integrating and optimizing components for soundness, response time, consistency, infrastructure requirements, database management features, and test and evaluation methods to provide technical guidance in designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining assigned systems, application or equivalents.
NOTE: In order to credit your experience, pls. document the month/year of your employment date(s).
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE : Applicants may substitute the following education for the required experience, provided it demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to do the work of the position.
Successful completion of 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. GRADUATE EDUCATION: One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- A security clearance is not required, but must have to be able to maintain security clearance eligibility for assignment to sensitive duties.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the duties of this position.
NOTE: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ADDRESS THE BELOW KSA'S TO SUPPORT YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE ANSWERS!
1. Knowledge of applications software/systems engineering concepts and techniques specific to Microsoft .NET language, framework, and tools.
2. Skill using programming techniques.
3. Ability to provide technical and customer support.
CATEGORY RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means the candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application responses to the occupational questionnaire. Candidates in the highest quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Category Rating: You will be rated based on the following categories: Best Qualified - Highly Qualified - Qualified