Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is done, if you are found qualified your name will be forwarded on a referral certificate to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
1. Title of Job
2. Biographic Data
3. E-Mail Address
4. Work Information
5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.
7. Background Information
While serving as a federal employee, have you ever been terminated for cause or resigned after being notified that you would be terminated/separated?8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1011. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 Aircraft Mechanic21. Geographic Availability
121510031 Jacksonville, FL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
Enter number of years in this position.
Enter number of months in this position that do not equal a complete year. Example: 5 yrs 2 mos24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you currently a Category 1 applicant? A Category 1 applicant is a permanent or excepted indefinite technician employed with the Florida National Guard.
2. Are you a Category 2 applicant? Category 2 applicants include current members of the Florida Army or Florida Air National Guard.
3. Are you a Category 3 applicant? Category 3 applicants are individuals who qualify for membership in the Florida Army or Florida Air National Guard but are not current members.
4. In the event that you are not found to be qualified, do you consent to the release of your name to the labor organization?
Read the options below carefully and choose the one that best applies.
5. Are you an active member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard?
A. I am currently a Permanent or Indefinite Federal Technician with the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
B. I am currently a Temporary Federal Technician with the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
C. I am currently a Traditional (Drill, ADSW, etc.), member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
D. No, I am not an active member of the Florida National Guard but I AM WILLING AND ELIGIBLE to immediately become an active Military Member of the Florida Army or Air National Guard? (If you are not sure you are eligible, please contact a Florida Army National Guard recruiter at (800) 464-8273 or the Florida Air National Guard recruiter at (800) 824-8495 before applying for this position.).
E. No, I am not an active member of the Florida National Guard and I AM NOT WILLING to become an active member of the Florida National Guard.
Read the options below carefully and choose the one that best applies.
6. Have you completed basic training in at least one branch of the military that would enable you to enlist in the Florida Army or Air National Guard by the close date of this announcement?
7. Are you currently receiving Federal Military retirement pay? If you are retired military or planning on retirement within the next year, you will not be eligible to join the Florida Army or Air National Guard.
Respond to all the questions below. For each question, choose the response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provide in your resume or application and information your references provide.
8. Do you possess experience, education or training which has provided you with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories and components and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications? Are you skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment?
9. Do you possess 18 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification; experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow; must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I know little or nothing about this.
B- I have had study or training in this.
C- I have used my knowledge or ability, but I have been closely supervised.
D- I have used my knowledge or ability on my own, under normal supervision.
E- I am consulted by other journeypersons in difficult situations, or I am called on to do unusually difficult jobs.
10. Perform diversified work with tools and equipment, requiring extreme caution in maintaining close dimensions.
11. Rotor wing aircraft components and maintenance procedures.
12. Diagnose trouble and determine remedy where overall knowledge of all systems of aircraft is required.
13. Inspecting aircraft, determining mechanical deficiencies and analyzing results.
14. Interpret instructional material, schematics and specifications for complex mechanical problems on assigned aircraft.
15. Reading and interpreting technical instructions, plans, and schematic diagrams.
16. Troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, servicing, inspecting and modifying aircraft installed equipment and related general support equipment.
17. Use of a wide variety of aircraft and general support equipment test procedures.
18. Tracing hard to locate defects or problems as related to assigned aircraft and general support equipment.
19. Use of common handtools.
20. Aircraft components and maintenance procedures.
21. Diagnose trouble and determine remedy when a thorough knowledge is required.
22. Interpret technical publications.
23. Repairing and replacing defective rotor wing parts and components and reassembles the repaired items into the aircraft.