Job Title:ASSOCIATE CHIEF (LER), SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Citizenship and Immigration Services
Job Announcement Number:CIS-793204-HCT
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$96,690.00 to $132,862.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, November 23, 2012 to Friday, December 07, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):|
South Burlington, VT United StatesView Map
Dallas, TX United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current or Former Federal Employees with Competitive Status; Reinstatement Eligibles; OPM Interchange Agreement Eligibles; VEOA, Disability, Surplus/Displaced Eligibles.|
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at www.uscis.gov.
Every day, our Associate Chiefs, Employee and Labor Relations, provide a variety of management services essential to the direction and operation of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). They conduct extensive research into employee and labor relations cases to identify trends, patterns, or aggravating and mitigating circumstances. They also negotiate and administer precedent-setting settlement agreements; and serve as managements representative in grievances, arbitration cases, and unfair labor practice and impasse hearings.
This position of ASSOCIATE CHIEF (LER), SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST starts at a salary of $96,690.00 (GS-14 step 1), with promotion potential to $132,862.00 (GS-14 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Office of Human Capital and Training, Labor and Employee Relations Division in Dallas, TX and South Burlington, VT within DHS US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
THE ACTUAL SALARY MAY BE HIGHER DUE TO AN ADJUSTMENT FOR LOCALITY PAY. To view the 2012 Locality Pay Charts click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/oca/11tables/index.asp
Who May Apply
Status Candidates which include:
- Federal employees with competitive status and reinstatement eligibles.
- Persons eligible under an Interchange Agreement (click here to view a list of covered agreements)
- Veterans preference eligibles or veterans who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions after substantially completing at least three consecutive years of active duty (click here for information on veterans)
- Persons that are applying under a Special Hiring Authority (see "Other Information" section of this announcement)
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
USCIS will not pay your relocation expenses.
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Relocation expenses are authorized if you are assigned to the RAIO program and have been approved for rotation from an overseas assignment. Relocation expenses for employees assigned to an OCONUS location will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
- Successfully pass a background investigation including financial disclosure
- You must pass drug screening
- Meet relevant experience and/or education requirements.
- Current Federal employees must meet Time-in-Grade requirements
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation