Progressively responsible work experience demonstrating an acquired knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of financial analysis. Knowledge of policies, processes, procedures, and regulations governing budgetary processes. Ability to apply knowledge in reviewing, analyzing, revising, and recommending approval, disapproval or modification of budget requests and justifications. Ability to conduct studies, analyze data, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget problems.
Knowledge and understanding of the substantive nature of the Army's Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) and community and family support operating programs and their interrelationships and funding channels.
Highly Desirable: Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a strong discipline in Finance, Accounting, Economics and Management. Knowledge or experience in NAF financial programs; CPA certification.
Specific Skills desired: Must have an advance knowledge of Excel and use of importing and exporting financial data. Must have a demonstrated knowledge and use of a financial system such as Microsoft Dynamics GP10 or NAFISS. Position requires consideration of complicated financial and management operations and, in addition, correction of a substantial number of errors, omissions, and discrepancies resulting from the organization lack of familiarity with requirements,
Highly Desirable: Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a strong discipline in finance, Accounting, Economics and Management.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described in your resume.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.