Job Title:STAFF ASSISTANT
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number:MHCDE-792814-LF
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$51,630.00 to $81,204.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, December 03, 2012 to Friday, December 07, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please see http://www.cbp.gov/.
This position will allow you to utilize your expertise in various administrative skills to provide project-related, advisory and technical services to CBP management. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Departments ability to perform homeland security functions by developing, devising, and analyzing internal administrative policies, procedures, and management processes of the office.
This position starts at a salary of $51,630 (GS-9) with promotion potential to $81,204 (GS-11).
Who May Apply: Open to all U.S. Citizens. Individuals who are eligible under a Special Appointing Authority should refer to the Special Appointing Authority paragraph in the Other Section of this vacancy announcement.
- Status candidates may also apply at MHCMP-792058-LF.
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm.
Organizational Location: This position is located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Field Operations, Office of the Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Washington, D.C. One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
- You may be required to pass a background investigation
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with Selective Service
- Primary U.S. residency for the last three years (see "Other Information")