Education: Successful completion of a full 4 year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position (i.e., sociology, social psychology, clinical psychology, public health, or related field)? (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENT
Specialized Experience: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service. (MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE IN DETAILED FEDERAL RESUME) Specialized experience is progressively responsible experience, which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is in or related to the work of the position. Such qualifying specialized experience includes:
· Demonstrated expertise in theory and research regarding prescription medication misuse and abuse, pain management, and substance use disorders.
· Demonstrated expertise in theory and research in the study of substance use disorders in military/Veteran populations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of advanced research and program evaluation designs.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with diverse qualitative data collection and analysis techniques.
· Ability to critically evaluate relevant theory and research in the scientific literature and interpret the findings for program evaluation, implementation, and education-related activities.
· Ability to translate research and program evaluation findings into practice through presentations, educational materials, and briefings to diverse audiences including senior leadership.
(Your resume/application must support your responses. If using education to qualify, education must demonstrate that it provided the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for application purposes only; if selected, official transcripts will be required.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
· Skill in developing and conducting complex, high-profile program evaluation and research projects.
· Experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from program evaluation and research projects.
· Ability to communicate results of program evaluation and research projects effectively with diverse stakeholders.
· Expert knowledge of relevant subject areas.
· Ability to manage day-to-day operations in a professional environment.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.