GS-13: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level which demonstrates ability to supervise a team in developing marketing strategy for programs and services; conducting outreach and promotion to successfully deliver events to large and diverse audiences; developing and delivering training presentations to various organizations and small businesses on SBA programs and services, as well as a wide range of business and financial management topics; and in building and maintaining collaborative alliances and partnerships with high level officials from various groups, such as chambers of commerce, economic development officials, government agencies, and educational institutions, to achieve objectives related to counseling individuals on business management. This position requires proficiency in using a variety of software applications and technologies in all aspects of the job.
Education is not qualifying for this position.
Occasional travel is required; occasional evening and weekend travel may be required.
Current/former Federal employees must meet Time in Grade requirements. https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/What_is_Time-In-Grade%3F
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions. You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position;
1. Skill in planning, organizing, securing, and managing resources to achieve specific project.
2. Skill in creating and delivering trainings/presentations to a diverse audience using various methods and technologies.
3. Ability to identify, recruit and effectively work with external organizations for program/mission accomplishment.
4. Skill in writing to develop information programs for diverse audiences of various levels of understanding and sophistication.
5. Skill in conceptualizing, preparing and conducting a variety of oral presentations;
6. Ability to provide technical and administrative supervision to optimize the deployment of programs and services and to achieve goals.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions will affect your rating.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Merit Promotion and Non-competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the Assessment Question To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link View Assessment Questions You will receive a numeric rating based on your responses to the questionnaire.