Bachelor's degree in computer science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
In addition to the above education requirements, applicants must have one year of specialized experience at a level equivalent to the next lower grade in the Federal service.
GS-12, applicants must have specialized experience , equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, to include experience planning, reviewing services on specific problems, projects, or programs in the practice of public health informatics systems and public vital statistics systems. This experiences includes but not limited to: Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL programming, SQL Server Analytical Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and Microsoft Excel for analyzing statistical data.
GS-13, applicants must have specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, to include experience in systems application, and integration of new concepts, technologies, and methods used for various statistical and public health informatics systems and public vital statistics systems; resolve technology problems; new approaches and techniques for resolution of applied problem situations, scientific investigations, standards, and criteria or equipment for identifying, controlling or resolving scientific problems. This experiences includes but not limited to: Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL programming, SQL Server Analytical Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, and Microsoft Excel for analyzing statistical data.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Travel required with position: No
11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
12. Research position: No
13. Promotion potential: No
14. Supervisory position: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSAs separately but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the KSAs.
1. Knowledge of computer science concepts, principles, laws, programs and precedents.
2. Knowledge of available computer software, hardware, and networking resources, and skill to apply the latest developments in the field of computer science.
3. Knowledge of statistical methods, techniques of data collection methods, processing, analysis, dissemination and storage/retrieval of data.
4. Ability to plan, organize, and advise mult-disciplinary project teams and activities.
5. Skill in oral communication.
6. Skill in written communication.