Job Title:Dairy Products Marketing Specialist (Agreements and Orders)
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Agricultural Marketing Service
Job Announcement Number:6DY-2013-0002
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, November 21, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 05, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current federal employees within the local commuting area of Washington, DC with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles and others under special hiring authorities. Go to the following website for a list of these authorities: Special Hiring Authorities ***Applicants NOT in these groups should apply to Case Exam vacancy announcement # 24DY-2013-0002.|
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This position is located in the Order Formulation Branch, Dairy Division. This Branch is responsible for the formulation and promulgation of marketing agreements and orders in fluid milk markets throughout the United States. The incumbent serves as a technical expert and a group leader for an assigned group of orders.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Recommends to the Branch Chief new or revised procedures and methods of operation in the process of marketing order formulation and promulgation.
- Coordinates and directs the execution of approved policies to assure a uniform and integrated order formulation program throughout the country.
- Analyzes petitions requesting Federal regulation of specific markets; conducts preliminary investigations of petitions; collects or advises lower level specialist on the collection of statistical and economic data necessary to make recommendations to hold hearings or to deny petitions.
- Initiates or recommends hearings on proposals for government regulation; oversees development of appropriate data to be presented by the Department at public hearings; presents testimony and/or examines witnesses at very complex hearings.
- Analyzes hearing records and briefs; prepares recommended decisions, proposed agreements and orders and related documents. Analyzes exceptions filed by the industry and others; prepares final decisions and orders for promulgation by the Secretary.
- Reviews industry proposals and Market Administrator recommendations concerning amendments, suspensions, or terminations of existing orders; leads investigations as necessary to determine appropriates action on proposals.
- Develops and recommends new or improved pricing, pooling, classification and payment plans, and regulatory techniques for the purpose of improving the milk marketing order program and for dealing with new or changing conditions in the milk industry or order programs.
- Represents the Division and Agency to industry, State, Federal and public organizations in order to exchange technical; information and promote cooperative relationship with such groups.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify, you must meet all qualification and time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the experience requirements specified below.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-13/14 GRADE LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION FOR THE GS-13/14 GRADE LEVEL.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial operations.
- Understanding of Federal Milk Market Order regulations.
- Examining and analyzing authorizing legislation, public comments, and court actions.
- Skill in preparing written analysis to brief and inform executive leaders of rulemaking actions.
- Skill in serving as a subject matter expert witness, technical expert, and participant in Federal Milk Market Order hearings and rulemaking activities.
- Ability to prepare appropriate administrative rules and regulations under the Federal Milk Market Order program.
As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
If you are appointed to a supervisory or managerial position, you may be required to complete a one year supervisory/managerial probationary period.
In accordance with Office of Government Ethics regulations concerning conflict of interest, the incumbent of this position will be required to submit a financial disclosure report within 30 days of their effective date of appointment and annually thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- Communication Skills: Interpersonal, Oral and Written
- Project Management, Leadership, Supervisory and Decision Making
- General Agricultural Marketing Skills
- Marketing Programs
- Dairy Commodity
- Your final rating will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.