For the GS-401/403 and/or 1320-15 position, you must have:
At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Examples include significant experience with the following: providing leadership and technical direction to a multidisciplinary staff. Work involving the planning, execution, and administration of broad national programs for monitoring the safety and effectiveness of regulated products marketed and used throughout the United States. Work analyzing and defining significant obstacles to program accomplishments, recommending changes, and initiating action to ensure the elimination of duplication and effective resource utilization. Work promoting cooperation to achieve appropriate balance between regulated products requirements and Agency responsiveness to consumer needs.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
This position has a positive education requirement. For the 401/403 and/or 1320-15 position you must have sucessfully completed at least ONE of the series requirements listed below in addition to the specialized experience:
For the GS-401-15: A full 4-year course of study or bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position or a combination of education and experience, courses equivalent to a major, as shown in above, plus appropriate experience (described under specialized experience) or additional education,
For the GS-403-15: A full 4-year of study or bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements in microbiology or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent or a combination of education and experience, courses equivalent to a major in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included courses as shown above, plus appropriate experience (described under specialized experience) or additional education,
For the GS-1320-15: A full 4-year of study or bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering that included 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics or a combination of education and experience, course work equivalent to a major as shown above, including at least 30 semester hours in chemistry, supplemented by mathematics through differential and integral calculus, and at least 6 semester hours of physics, plus appropriate experience (described under specialized experience) or additional education.
You must submit a copy of your transcripts clearly showing courses, degree(s) awarded, and when awarded.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Research position: No
9. Supervisory position: No
10. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs') and other characteristics): Please note that you do not need to address the KSAs' in a narrative format, The KSAs' will be evaluated against your responses to the online questionnaire and the information documented on your resume.
- Knowledge of regulatory sciences as applied to FDA regulated products.
- Skill in collaborative consultation with others including on scientific, policy, and regulatory processes.
- Ability to provide overall executive leadership and scientific direction to a multidisciplinary staff.
- Ability to manage a diverse group of professionals.