Job Title:Management Services Assistant
Agency:Selective Service System
Job Announcement Number:AN781681
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, November 21, 2012 to
Wednesday, December 05, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Denver, CO United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All US Citizens, Status Candidates within the local commuting area and Noncompetitive Candidates|
As a Management Services Assistant in the Regional Headquarters, you will perform a wide variety of administrative and managements support functions as an assistant to the Region Administrative Officer.
Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Merit Promotion candidate consideration is within the local commuting area.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Suitability for Federal employment determined by background investigation.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
DUTIES:Back to top
· Provides office support with property management, space management, office services, transportation, mail services, file management and other administrative assistant duties.
· Prepares budgetary functions by drafting statements and reconciling obligation and expenditures.
· Prepares reports for various support functions.
· Maintains procurement and contractual functions by certifying payment of charges and preparing documentation for purchases.
· Prepares travel itineraries, travel vouchers and travel orders.
· Prepares documentation for personnel actions.
· Develops training request and prepares training funds.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify for this Management Services Assistant GS-08 position you must have:
I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 in Federal service) providing administrative and management support ensuring conformity with agency policies and regulations; preparing budget reports, travel itineraries and/or processing personnel actions using various automated systems; and performing procurement and/or contractual functions.
Time-in-Grade: Current and former permanent Federal employees within the local commuting area, who apply under merit promotion procedures or noncompetitive appointment procedures, must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
All qualification requirements must be met by midnight (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, your résumé and supporting documents will be reviewed and evaluated against your assessment questionnaire responses to determine whether you are qualified for this position. If a determination is made that you have inflated your responses, you may lose consideration. Be sure to carefully follow all instructions; errors or omissions may affect your consideration for this position.
For Competitive Applicants/All U.S. Citizens: Eligible candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified. Candidates in the highest quality category will be referred to the hiring agency.
For Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated merit promotion/VEOA candidates will be referred to the hiring agency in the local commuting area.
For Noncompetitive Appointment Applicants: All qualified noncompetitive candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
Application of Veterans' Preference: Under Category Rating procedures, veteran preference eligibles will receive selection consideration before non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position:
- Policy and Procedures
- Administrative Functions/Support
- Automated Systems and Software
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the on-line assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to your saved application materials, log in at: https://applicationmanager.gov/ and click on Vacancy ID: 781681.
If you cannot apply online, you will need to:
1) Print the instructions and questionnaire by clicking View Occupational Questionnaire.
2) Print the 1203FX form to record your responses to the questionnaire.
3) Fax the completed 1203FX (all 6 pages but do not include a Cover Page for this document) to: 1-478-757-3144.
4) Print the Fax Cover Page and include with any supporting documents you fax (e.g., résumé, transcripts, veterans documentation, etc.) to the same fax number above.
Do not complete steps 1-4 above if you are applying on-line.
- Your Résumé (if you submit a personally developed résumé, curriculum vitae, or any other written format, be sure to include a detail description of your job-related qualifications, beginning/ending dates, and hours worked per week, for each paid and non-paid position you included).
- Completed Assessment Questionnaire
Other Supporting Documents: (only submit if applicable to you)
Veterans' Preference and/or VEOA documentation (e.g., DD-214 Member Copy 4, SF-15, VA letter, etc.)
Standard Form 50 (applies to current or former Federal service employees)
Performance Appraisal (applies to current or former Federal service employee). Your performance appraisal must be signed (electronic signatures accepted) and dated within 12 months.
CTAP/ICTAP documentation Noncompetitive appointment eligibility documentation
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You will be notified on the outcome of your application once a list of candidates has been sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration.