Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience which is equivalent to at least the GG-12 or qualifying pay band or other pay systems. Experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. These positions require a basic knowledge and understanding of one or more of the Intelligence Community's (IC) disciplines. An example of specialized experience includes: Knowledge of the full range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices and multi-source intelligence information systems to capture and report on data in order to develop intelligence capabilities and threat assessments, interpret policy, and commit resources.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the full range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices and multi-source intelligence information systems to capture and report on data in order to develop intelligence capabilities and threat assessments, interpret policy, and commit resources.
2. Knowledge of advanced dissemination principles, concepts, and methods to disburse complex information/situations attained from multiple sources.
3. Knowledge of national intelligence community Joint Command, DoD structure, organizations, and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations.
4. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities.
5. Skill in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions related to the work, writing clear and concise intelligence products, and delivering written and/or verbal presentations to senior level audiences for decision-making purposes.
6. Ability to maintain control of classified material; quickly assimilate disparate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implication of such data; make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency and pressure based on mature judgment and experience; and present and/or defend a position effectively.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
3. The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty.
4. An advanced intelligence-related or professional/scientific degree is desirable.
5. Incumbent may be subject to psychological screening/polygraph testing as a inherent primary requirement of their position.
6. Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.