Job Title:Supervisory Forester
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:NRO-12-35 (R1) READVERTISME
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$71,102.00 to $106,369.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, November 19, 2012 to Tuesday, December 04, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Defiance, AZ United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Department Wide. Application will be accepted from Indian Preference applicants, US Citizens, from current and former competitive service Federal employees, and people eligible under special hiring authorities. Position will be filed in accordance with the Indian Preference Policy.|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 756842
SUPERVISORY FORESTER, GS-0460-12/13
PD# 4420001, Navajo Region, Division of Trust Programs
Branch of Forestry
Fort Defiance, Arizona
GS-12 : $68,809 - $89,450 Per Annum
GS-13 : $81,823 - $106,369 Per Annum
- READVERTISEMENT: APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED UNDER THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE RECONSIDERED AND NEED NOT RE-APPLY UNLESS YOU WISH TO TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION NOT PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED.
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE AUTHORIZED IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPROPRIATE FEDERAL TRAVEL REGULATIONS.
- THE PAY FLEXIBILITIES OF THE RECRUITMENT BONUS, RELOCATION BONUS, AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT MAY BE AUTHORIZED BY THE MANAGER.
- GOVERNMENT HOUSING MAY BE AVAILABLE.
- THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING AND FAVORABLE RESULTS OF A COMPLETED BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible.
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Preference eligibles may apply for permanent positions (career or career-conditional appointments) under merit promotion procedures for VEOA appointments; however, veterans preference is not a factor in these appointments. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be a preference eligible OR veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Applicants must submit a copy of their DD-214 for verification of eligibility. For more information, click here: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- BACKGROUND SECURITY INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW HIRES.
- APPOINTMENT MAY INCLUDE A REQUIREMENT FOR ONE YEAR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE OR BY FAX to (478) 757-3144.
- TESTING DESIGNATED POSITION DOI DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE PROGRAM