To qualify at the GS-7 level you must have a bachelors degree and Superior Academic Achievement (SAA). SAA is the completion of all of the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited college oruniversity, which is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average (2.95 or higher as recorded on an official transcript, or as based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum) or (3) honor society membership
OR You have one year (18 semester hours or quarter hour equivalent) of graduate education,
OR You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level. Examples of qualifying experience is work requiring a knowledge of, and skill in applying, interrelationships of multiple IT disciplines, systems development principles and approaches.
To qualify at the GS-9 level you must meet the qualifications listed above for the GS-7 level plus one of the following requirements:
A master's degree or equivalent graduate degree,
OR Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree,
OR Specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal Government. Examples of qualifying experience is knowledge of systems engineering concepts and methodologies, such as object-oriented design and relational database design, and skill in determining customer requirements and integrating multiple resources with available resources.
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE EVIDENCE OF DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF YOUR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE.
To be eligible, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
a. Completed all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two years; or
b. Was released or discharged from active duty within the previous two years, where the applicant is a veteran who, due to a military service obligation, was precluded from applying for a recent graduate position during any portion of the two-year eligibility period following completion of his/her degree or certificate requirements, provided that not more than six years have transpired since the applicant completed the requirements for his/her degree or certificate.
Academic transcripts (in English) must be submitted to demonstrate eligibility and in order for your education to be considered as a basis for meeting the minimum qualification requirements of this position. The Department of Labor does not recognize academic degrees from schools that are not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Department of Education. Any applicant falsely claiming an academic degree from an accredited school will be subject to actions ranging from disqualification from federal employment to removal from federal service. If courses were taken at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, or from several different colleges or universities, you must submit all the necessary transcripts. If your education was completed at a foreign college or university, you must show comparability to education received in accredited educational institutions in the United States and comparability to applicable minimum course work requirements for this position.
Click Evaluation of Foreign Education for more information.
Applicants must meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against the competencies described below and will be placed into one of the following quality categories, based on responses to the vacancy questionnaire:
Category A - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in applying the critical competencies required by this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.
Category B - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the critical competencies by this position.
Category C - Meets the specialized experience described in the minimum qualifications requirements section of this announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the basic competencies.
Evaluation Factors (Competencies) - All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following key competencies (click Evaluation Tools for information):
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
5. Self Management - Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment toward completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; and demonstrates responsible behavior.
6. System Analysis - Consults with customers to refine functional requirements and translates functional requirements into technical specifications.
7. Data Management - Develop and administer databases used to store and retrieve data and develop standards for the handling of data.
8. Applications Software - Translate technical specifications into programming specifications; develop, customize, or acquire applications software programs; and test, debug, and maintain software programs.
The information you provide may be verified by a review of your work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (ex. interview).
Your resume MUST provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the vacancy questions. If not, the HRO may amend your responses to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated by the content of your resume.
Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex. interview, panel review, written test, writing sample, etc.)
Referrals will be made in accordance with applicable reemployment priority and/or veterans' preference requirements. Click Application of Veterans Preference for Category Rating Jobs for more information. To preview questions please click here.