Who May Apply: Current permanent Title 5 Food and Drug Administration employees ONLY. Title 42 employees without reinstatement eligibility are not eligible.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position should also apply online in order to receive consideration.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
* Cutoffs will be made as required.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of the Commissioner (OC), Office of Global Regulatory Operations and Policy (GROP) Office of International Program (OIP), FDA Foreign Post locations.
Overseas Assignments: Overseas assignments are for two years and a rotational agreement must be signed. The assignment may be extended based on the needs of the agency.
* This position may be eligible for special pay allowances (e.g., post differential, housing, relocation, etc.) after selectee relocates overseas. Refer to Department of State, Office of Allowances at http://aoprals.state.gov/
* Immunizations may be required and will be administered by the FDA before relocating overseas.
* Before relocating overseas, the selectee may remain stateside until all clearances have been approved.
Citizens or permanent residents of the host country are not eligible to be considered.
* Current permanent status FDA employees will be processed using the appropriate authority for permanent employees of FDA. The selectee will have statutory return rights to their permanent FDA position series and grade once the foreign assignment is completed. Returning to the last position before foreign posting is not guaranteed.
Additional information on living and traveling abroad may be found at www.state.gov. and www.cdc.gov (click on "Travelers Health") Assignment to the foreign post is subject to:
The authority and approval of the Chief of Mission in country Applications and approval for applicable security clearance Medical clearance of the employee and dependent, family members by the Department of State.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
Salary information listed does not include locality pay but incumbents do receive post hardship differential pay and payments for cost of living adjustment, based on their designated location.