In order to qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education that demonstrates you possess the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your competencies/skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience and/or education.
Basic Requirement - Your application must reflect that you satisfy one of the following:
1. Experience: Your resume must reflect you have substantive IT-related experience demonstrating the general and technical competencies required to satisfactorily perform the work of the position. Examples of the required competencies include the following:
- Attention to detail - Thorough when performing the work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer service - Work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; and is committed to providing quality product and services.
- Oral communication - Express information (e.g., ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (e.g., technical sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to non-verbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem solving - Identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Policy and planning - This position involves a range of IT management work that typically extends and applies to an entire organization or major components of an organization. Therefore, in order to qualify, your application must reflect responsibility for IT-related work in such areas as strategic thinking, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development, resource management, knowledge management, auditing, and/or information security management.
2. Education: Completion of Ph.D., equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operation research, statistics, or technology management. Such education must demonstrate you possess the general and technical competencies required to satisfactorily perform the work of the position. For examples of the required competencies, see the above section.
IN ADDITION to the Basic Requirement, your resume must reflect you possess at least one year of specialized experience in or directly related to the work of this position at a level of difficulty and complexity comparable to the next lower grade level, and that equipped you with the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. Examples of specialized experience include, but is not limited to, providing technical support and life cycle management for automated information systems; evaluating technological advancements impacting the application of automated data processing resources; developing support system policies and procedures by analyzing budgetary requirements, cost analysis, resources, staffing and training; a knowledge and skill to effectively prevent and respond to attacks against information systems and infrastructures.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-AltA.asp
Do you have part-time or unpaid experience? Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and/or part-time work. Your resume must clearly identify your duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Are you using your education to qualify? If you are using education to meet the basic requirement, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned).
Do you have foreign education? Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if you provide documentation indicating that your foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
A secret security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal. If you possess a security clearance, please indicate the level and termination date in your resume.
The person selected must be able to obtain and maintain Network+, A+, and Security+ certifications. The Department of Navy will pay the fees for these certifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the application process is complete, your resume will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements listed in this announcement. Qualified applications will be further evaluated based on the information provided in the resume, responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, as well as supporting documentation as it specifically corresponds to the following:
- Operating systems
- Evaluation of technological advancements
- Policy and planning
- Life cycle management
- Technical knowledge
Qualified applications will be evaluated using Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which the application reflects the criteria above. Additional points are not added for veteran preference; however, preference is still applied. Candidates eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans within the same quality category.
If your application satisfies the minimum qualification requirements, it will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified-Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements of this position.
Highly Qualified-Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements of this position.
Qualified-Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements of this position.
WARNING! If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, the evaluation results may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or your application may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect the evaluation of your application or consideration for employment.