Basic Qualification Requirements:
A. Have at least a bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position from an accredited college and/or university.
B. Have a combination of education and experience -- that provided the applicant with knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
C. Have four years of appropriate experience that demonstrated that the applicant has acquired knowledge of one or more of the behavioral or social sciences equivalent to a major in the field.
Additional Qualification Requirements: In addition to meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements candidates must also:
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, applying quantitative and qualitative research methods in health programs research; developing a health programs research agenda; developing and evaluating legislative and regulatory proposals on public health issues; and briefing senior level officials on health programs research findings and alternative legislative proposals.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Pre-employment physical required: No
6. Drug testing required: No
7. Financial disclosure may be required
8. Mobility agreement required: No
9. Immunization required: No
10. Travel may be required
11. Moving expenses authorized: No
12. Relocation incentive authorized: No
13. Recruitment incentive authorized: No
14. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
15. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
16. One-year probationary period may be required.
17. Bargaining Unit Position: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of social sciences research.
2. Knowledge of health and human services policy and program areas.
3. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods in order to conduct program analysis.
4. Ability to conduct comprehensive studies and independent research and analysis of health policies.
5. Skill in oral communication.
6. Skill in written communication.