Job Title:Student Trainee (Administration)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:FZ-13-788730-EM
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, November 16, 2012 to
Tuesday, November 20, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Parma, OH United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 788730 (Please include on all documents)
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
This is a student position that is currently open to current degree seeking students enrolled in an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.
- Occupational physical may be required.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Student Trainee (Administration). The Student Trainee (Administration) will function in Community Outpatient Service at the Parma Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The Student Trainee duties include:
- Assisting in day-to-day operations which include scheduling, clerical, and office automation duties.
- Providing independent data gathering and analysis for projects.
- Gathering accurate patient information. This information will include the patient's name, social security number, procedure requested, clinical history, requesting physicians' name and beeper number and any other pertinent information which may affect the procedure.
- Scheduling patients receiving for various appointments and procedures.
- Providing excellent customer service to meet the patients needs.
- Assuring that the clinical team (technologists, nurses and physicians) is aware of schedules and is responsible for the accuracy of this schedule.
- Assisting medical staff in the scheduling of patients' assessment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- Citizen of the United States Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Must be a degree seeking student in the field of Business Administration, Public Administration, or Heathcare Administration.
- Enrolled in a technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, or graduate or professional school, that has been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the US Department of Education.
- Enrolled at least half-time.
- Hold at least a cumulative 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) Grade Point Average.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
If selected, all students will be required to maintain the following requirements:
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Maintain at least part-time status as defined by your school.
- Turn in transcripts and class schedules at the beginning of each semester.
- Keep the Student Coordinator and you Supervisor updated as to your academic progress.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluate based on your total credit hours, GPA, type of degree, and tangible progress towards a degree.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
All applications must be submitted by: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
To begin click the Apply Online button and follow the prompts to register, answer a few questions, and submit all required documents. To return to your saved application, log in to your USAJOBS account at http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and click on Application Status. Click on the position title, and then select Apply Online to continue. If you would like to fax additional documentation you must use the official fax coversheet found here to (478) 757-3144.
We strongly encourage you to apply online. If you cannot apply online, you may FAX your resume, questionnaire, and supporting documents to (478) 757-3144. You must print a copy of OPM Form 1203-FX, document your responses to the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire and fax all documentation, utilizing the 1203-FX form as your fax coversheet, to (478) 757-3144. Also please include the Vacancy Identification Number 788730
- Résumé. When listing previous employment please include month and year.
- Responses to the questionnaire.
- Copy of your transcripts showing total credit hours earned and cumulative GPA.
- Copy of your most recent class schedule.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed. You will be disqualified if you do not submit your transcripts including your cumulative GPA and credits earned as well as a current class schedule. You will be notified when a determination is made.