Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:WENAFEJ12787426
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Wednesday, November 14, 2012 to
Monday, November 26, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Few vacancies in the following location:|
Fort Huachuca, AZ United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens |
MWR honors its commitment to Soldiers and their Families by providing a variety of quality-of-life services, recreational activities, and special events. Youth Programs, child care, recreational rentals, golf, horseback riding, swimming, bowling, arts & crafts, and sport shooting are just some of things our employees call a job!
Learn more about MWR at Fort Huachuca at: MWR - Fort Huachuca
CLICK ON THE "HOW TO APPLY" TAB & REVIEW REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
THIS IS A DEVELOPMENTAL POSITION THAT WILL BE FILLED AT THE NA-02 LEVEL, WITH PROMOTION POTENTIAL TO THE NA-04 LEVEL. PROMOTION IS BASED ON WORK PERFORMANCE & IS NOT GUARANTEED.
APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND HAVE HELD A LABORER NA-03 OR NA-04 POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR PLACEMENT AT THE LEVEL THAT THEY PREVIOUSLY OBTAINED.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Social Security card is required
- Conditions of Employment apply.
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs some or all of the following duties alone or as a member of a work crew:
1. Mows grass, lays sod, weeds flowerbeds, trims and edges walkways and lawns. Prunes shrubs and trees; applies fertilizer, waters plants, cleans out drainage ditches, shovels snow from walks and driveways.
2. Loads and unloads conveyances; moves materials using wheelbarrows, hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges supplies for storage; collects refuse and recyclable materials.
3. Digs, fills and tamps soil and gravel in earth excavations; levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
4. Cleans rugs and drapes. Cleans, waxes and polishes floors using heavy industrial-powered equipment. Adjusts, cleans, oils
and changes attachments on machines. Washes and replaces room fixtures using ladders and scaffolds. Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions. Maintains stock of cleaning materials and implements used. Notifies supervisor when additional materials are needed.
5. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Manual skill to lift and move moderately heavy objects. Skill and knowledge to safely operate simple power equipment and hand tools (lawn mowers, leaf blowers, edges and trimmers, scrubbers and buffers, steam cleaners and vacuums). A basic knowledge is required of routine maintenance procedures for power equipment.
Requires frequent lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. Required to stand, walk, bend and kneel for lengthy periods of time.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
- Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
- All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed within 30-days of hire and maintained.
- Occupational Health assessment must be complete within 30-days of hire .
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- Work schedules may vary due to operational requirements and may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must obtain food handlers card.
- This position requires an annual physical.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- Your will be evaluated based on your submission of required documents, general work experience, required certifications, and interview performance.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- The following actions may cause an applicant to not be considered for the position, removed from consideration for the position, or for an offer of employment to be withdrawn:
- Failure to submit all required documents at time of application.
- Failure to complete the assessment for this position.
- Failure to be truthful in your application, interview, and background checks.
- Failure to submit all required forms during the hiring process in a timely manner.
- Missing scheduled appointments that are required in the hiring process.
- Conduct during the hiring process that is significant enough to question your ability to interact with patrons in a customer service driven organization.