Job Title:IT Specialist (SYSADMIN) (WebSphere Administrator)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BPD)
Job Announcement Number:13-BPD-020P
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, November 13, 2012 to
Tuesday, November 27, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Career/Career Conditional -
|2 vacancies in the following location(s):|
Kansas City, MO, USView Map
Parkersburg, WV, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. The incumbent serves as a systems administrator in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Division of Middleware/Application (DMAA), Middleware Administration Branch (MAB). The primary responsibility for this position is the testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, upgrade, and configuration of applications within BPD’s acceptance, performance, and production IT infrastructures. The incumbent is also responsible for coordinating technical aspects of the supported technologies with administrative matters such as problem/incident management, standard/policy management, budget, project management, configuration management, data call response, and security services.
Relocation expenses will be paid.
We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
DUTIES:Back to top
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN) (WebSphere Administrator), you will:
- Assist BPD’s Application Integration Team personnel in the evaluation of new applications in the integration infrastructure that fall within BPD’s area of responsibility.
- Provide 24x7 support for Tier 2 Hosting service on Tier 1 platforms.
o BPD supported Tier 2 services include:
o Solutions for web and n-tier application hosting, including Solaris, Unix, Linux, and Windows based application servers.
o Solutions for client/server applications.
o Solutions for distributed file transport services.
- Provide installation, upgrade, and configuration support for BPD supported technologies. This includes:
o Installing new applications/upgrading existing applications.
o Updating/adding new configurations in production as necessary to ensure highly available and secure applications within the BPD infrastructure.
o Updating/adding new configurations in production as necessary to respond to new customer requirements in existing production infrastructures.
o Coordinating with other service line/service owner(s) to procure/acquire necessary hardware/software.
o Working with IT security to configure the infrastructure to best protect sensitive data.
- Provide training, consultation, and technical support services to BPD program offices and staff on subjects such as application architecture and capabilities, data management, application capabilities, standards and procedures, and configuration management.
- Communicate frequently with developers, Tier 1 Hosting administrators, database administrators, data center services staff, and telecommunications staff that provide support for the IT infrastructure and application code that make up BPD’s enterprise.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
For GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes performing installation, configuration, and administration of WebSphere Application Servers on AIX/UNIX platform.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must demonstrate they have experience in each of the four competencies described below. The experience has to be IT-related.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your: 1. Resume, 2. Responses to the online questions, and 3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.
- Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
- Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Skills, Analyze, Written Communication and Oral Communication. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, or Satisfactory, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans'preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
- Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at email@example.com and/or the USAJobs Help Desk.
Step 1 - Create or Upload a resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) - We suggest you go to the end of the Qualifications & Evaluation section of the job announcement to preview the online questions that you will answer in Step 3. You may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. For more resume tips click here. - You may create a resume in USAJOBS or upload one of your own choosing. Although you must enter your Social Security Number (SSN) for USAJOBS, we will only see the last four digits for identification purposes.
Step 2 - Apply Online Click the "Apply Online" link of this announcement and then select the resume you wish to submit with your application. You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury's CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
Step 3 - Answer the Online Questions and Submit Your Online Application If this is your first time on Treasury's CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to register by answering questions related to your eligibility for Federal employment. The system will save these responses and take you back to the main screen so that you can answer the job-specific questions. Select "Take me to the assessment" and click on the "Continue" button to answer the job-specific questions. You must answer all the questions and click the "Finished" button.
Step 4 - Review and Confirm Your Submission You will now have the option to upload a document or print fax cover-sheets for your required documents (see step 5 for details). Once you click "Done," you will see a summary of your application for your review. You may also print a copy for your records. When you click "Finished" at the bottom of the page, you will then be directed back to USAJOBS where you can confirm that your application has been submitted and track your application status.
Step 5 - Submit Required Documents You can submit any required documents (discussed below) by document upload or fax. Whichever method you choose, please include the job announcement number with your documents. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to remove your SSN from any documents that you submit. Document Upload: You may upload supporting documents in one of two ways: 1. Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You will be given the choice to either upload the document as part of the application process or you can select a document that you've already loaded on USAJOBS. or 2. You can upload a document to an existing application by logging into your USAJOBS account profile. Click on "My Applications" and search for the vacancy. Once you've located the vacancy, click on the vacancy and select "Apply Online." Move through your existing application to the Documents page and select Upload in order to add a document to your application. Be certain to review your complete application for confirmation that the document uploaded. In the Application Review section, you may verify acceptance of your documents in CareerConnector if you see them listed on the "Vacancy Documents" screen. Then, click on "Finished" to be returned to USAJOBS. Fax: Create a fax cover-sheet in CareerConnector by following the "Faxing Supporting Documentation" instructions. The fax number will be on the cover-sheet.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
ALL APPLICANTS: All applicants are required to submit a PDF 4828-1 OR a resume.
CTAP/ICTAP DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility. For a detailed list of documents, click here.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form. An SF-15 may be found at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. For more information on veterans' preference click here.
Recommended Documents: In addition, we recommend that you submit the following:
A performance appraisal.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate, or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.