All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS/SK-07 level gathering, reviewing, consolidating, and reconciling financial information; applying analytical methods and techniques; conducting independent analyses and evaluations of financial matters, as directed; conducting economic research and obtaining information for assignments through available tools such as automated databases, historical files, and review of previous office operations and cases; preparing and providing progress reports, findings and recommendations to management upon conclusion of studies; preparing written products that accurately describe the issues or problems involved and present a clear explanation of the basis for conclusions drawn and recommendations made; with direct supervision, studying and recommending to the senior staff the resolution of the issues analyzed; and having practical experience in the use of statistical software (e.g., SAS, STATA) or computer programming languages (e.g., C++, R, SQL, MATLAB, Gauss, Excel/VBA) for economic and date analysis.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Master's or equivalent graduate degree; 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.B. or J.D., related to finance. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education, which includes education exceeding one year of graduate study and specialized experience as described above that meet the total experience requirements. For example, six (6) months of specialized experience equivalent to GS-07 and one (1) year of successfully completed graduate level education.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the experience described at the SK-09 level, one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-09 level applying current economic and econometric methods and techniques in conducting research to address specific economic issues, and having specialized experience in the use of statistical and financial modeling.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., related to finance.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education, which includes education exceeding two years of graduate study and the specialized experience described above that meets the total experience requirements. For example, six (6) months of specialized experience equivalent to GS-09 and 2½ years of successfully completed graduate level education.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the experience described at the SK-11 level, one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-11 level performing financial and economic analysis and evaluation to recognize and resolve unusual problems; initiate and implement innovative approaches to data analyses, and work in close collaboration with senior risk or policy advisers to identify potential policy-related or operational issues that could limit the agency's ability to fulfill its mission, and recommends ways to mitigate these risks.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the listed KSAs in the occupational questionnaire for this announcement.
· Knowledge of, and skill and ability to apply finance principles, standards, theories, practices, concepts, and techniques.
· Knowledge of information assembly and report preparation to support economic research assignments, studies, programs, and projects.
· Ability to produce written products which accurately describe the issues or problems involved and present a clear explanation of the basis for conclusions drawn and recommendations made.
· Ability to effectively communicate to identify problems, recommend solutions, provide guidance, and convey complex and technical information to individual and groups with varying degrees of technical sophistication.
· Ability to collaborate with others to carry out economic studies, programs and projects.
· Skill and experience with electronic data sources and computer programming software (e.g., C++, R, Matlab).
· Knowledge of, or skill in the use of a variety of current economic and econometric methods to analyze current and potential financial economic problems and to conduct economic research. This includes the use of data analysis programs, electronic research tools, and databases (e.g., SAS, STATA, CompuStat).