Job Title:Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) - SV-2210-I
Department:Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:Transportation Security Administration
Job Announcement Number:HQ-OIT-12-544477
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, November 09, 2012 to
Friday, November 16, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Arlington, VA, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 24.22%.
This position is located in Arlington, VA.
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
For additional information about our agency please: Click Here.
This vacancy will be filled through DHS/TSA's Direct-Hire Authority. Under the Direct-Hire Authority, category grouping and Veterans' Preference does not apply.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- You must pass Drug and Alcohol Screening, subject to random drug tests.
- You must obtain COTR Certification within 6 months of employment.
- See additional "Conditions of Employment" in "Other Information" section
DUTIES:Back to top
This Information Technology (IT) Specialist (INFOSEC) is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Operations and Engineering Division, Enterprise Support Services Branch, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security. If selected, you will serve as a Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in support of the IT Security and Cyber Security compliance of systems engineering, enterprise operations, operational and support processes, and Systems Engineering Life Cycle activities. You will serve as an IT Security and Cyber Security advisor to the information System Owner (SO) and the Chief Information Security Officer/lnformation Systems Security Manager on all matters involving the security of the information system or systems to which you are assigned.
- Planning, analyzing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing support and services for information systems acquisition activities and documentation, operation processes, standard procedures, and management tools to ensure that service and support for TSA systems, networks, and data are secure, protected, monitored, uninterrupted, improved, optimized and supported.
- Managing the security aspects of the information system and the day-to-day security operations of the system including Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) management, certification and accreditation responsibilities, security audit support, change management, security configuration management, physical security, personnel security, incident handling, and security awareness and training.
- Supporting the development of the system security policy and ensuring compliance with the policy on a routine basis in coordination with the information system owner.
- Developing and updating the Security Plan as well as managing and controlling changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes.
- Working with SOs and program/project managers to ensure all procurement actions take security requirements into account and Statements of Work (SOWs) have appropriate language to avoid security related problems in the future.
- Integrating the TSA security requirements within the system/application and adding component specific security requirements that exceed or supplement DHS security requirements.
- Ensuring that appropriate steps are taken to implement information security requirements for each information system throughout its System Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
- Ensuring that each assigned system and the data it processes remain available to the user community, are accessible only to authorized individuals, and are adequately protected from unauthorized changes.
- Acting as the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR), interfacing with Contracting Officers and certifying related programs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
FOR All IT POSITIONS: Applicants must possess IT related experience demonstrating each of the four basic competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
In addition to the basic requirements, to qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (equivalent to GS-13), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized Experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position to be filled. Such experience includes:
- utilizing information system security policies to provide system and network security engineering support, such as network architecture, IT communications, or Network communication support; and
- applying IT and Cyber security operations in support of configuration management, systems change management, asset management or acquisitions.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.
You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience and/or related education as reflected in your resume and supporting documentation. You are encouraged to ensure work experiences clearly show possession of the competencies required to meet the qualifications for these positions.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please Note: All of the following must be received in our office by 11:59 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on the closing date of this announcement. This includes both online and mailed application materials. If we do not receive all required information by the closing date, your application may not be considered.
Your application must include:
2. Self Assessment Questionnaire for this position
3. Applicable supporting documents (see Required Documents Section)
Click the "Apply Online" button below and follow the prompts to apply. If you are unable to access the automated application system, we may need to reset your password. Please call the TSA HR Access Help Desk at 1-877-872-7990 between the hours of: 7:00AM - 8:00PM ET Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 3:00PM ET Saturday, or 11:00AM - 4:00PM ET Sunday.
If you are unable to apply online, please call the Help Desk at the number listed above for a printed Employment Packet which will be sent to you for completion and return to this office.
In addition to a resume and the assessment questions, you must submit copies of any of the following documents if you are applying based on current or former Federal Government Status (if you are not a current TSA employee), Veterans' Preference, or education or a combination of education and experience:
SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action - Current TSA employees are not required to submit an SF-50 to support eligibility for internal/status consideration.
If you are not a current TSA employee: you must submit your most recent Personnel Action SF-50 (or equivalent document) to support your eligibility for Status consideration. If you elect Status for the consideration of your application without submitting an SF-50 demonstrating your current or previous permanent Federal employment status, and you are not a current TSA employee, your application may not receive Status consideration.
DD-214 - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, provide a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other appropriate documentation to prove your entitlement and to provide verification of an Honorable Discharge. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 5-point preference.
SF-15 and VA Letter - If you are claiming Veterans' Preference based upon a Compensable Disability, Widow or Spouse Entitlement, or as a Purple Heart recipient, you must submit your DD-214 or other proof of entitlement; an SF-15, and the required proof of disability, i.e., Department of Veterans Affairs letter dated 1991 or later. Failure to provide this documentation will result in your application not receiving 10-point preference.
Professional Certification - If you wish to include documentation of your professional IT certification for this position, you may submit copies.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the qualified
applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We will notify you of the outcome of these steps when they have been completed. You may also check your application status by visiting the Candidate Dashboard.