Job Title:Budget Analyst
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:13-MP-SC-HQ-003
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, November 13, 2012 to
Monday, November 26, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Germantown, MD, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Career and career-conditional DOE HQ employees including Headquarters employees duty stationed in the field.|
Here is your opportunity to perform important work in a challenging environment. The Office of Science is involved in a variety of sciences, science education, and funding of science research. For more information about our organization, please visit our website at http://www.science.doe.gov. For more information about the Department of Energy, please visit our website at http://www.doe.gov.
The Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Budget, is seeking a motivated and highly qualified individual to perform a wide variety of budget duties connected with formulation, justification, execution and review of annual and multi-year budgets for assigned programs. See Duty Section for additional information.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- All basic qualifications must be met within 30 days of closing date.
- Requires the successful completion of a background investigation.
- All documents MUST be submitted by 11pm on closing date of announcement.
- MUST submit most recent SF-50 by 11pm on closing date of announcement.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, at the full performance level, you will:
- Perform a wide range of administrative and analytic duties in the formulation, justification, presentation, execution, and review of multi-year program budgets.
- Provide advice and direction to the Associate Directors and program staff on all aspects of the budgets for assigned programs.
- Review and edit narrative justifications for budget submissions from assigned organizational components and designated program offices to assure accuracy of estimates and program/budget logic and data; completeness of material; and conformance to budgetary policy, the organization, DOE, OMB and Congressional requirements.
- Analyze budget estimates to identify imbalances among program areas and to reconcile estimates with current levels of expenditures and anticipated changes. Recommends corrective actions as necessary.
-Track proposed authorization and appropriation legislation and prepare special reports and summaries regarding the nature and possible impact of this legislation for use in budget planning.
- Prepare data for meetings, briefings and Congressional hearings (i.e., the organization and DOE management briefings, OMB, and Congressional Committees).
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess one year of experience performing duties in the area of budget analysis. You must also demonstrate experience in the following: (1) Mastery knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, laws, policies, and regulations of Federal and DOE budgeting procedures, including budget formulation, presentation and execution of SC program activities sufficient to provide advice, guidance, and assistance in the formulation, justification and execution of the budget; (2)Mastery knowledge in analyzing quantitative data to evaluate budgetary activities, extracting and reviewing numerical information such as reports from the DOE accounting system and Office of Science budget systems in order to prepare reports and analysis; (3) ability to communicate orally to provide advice, guidance, and assistance to staff members and management officials concerning budget planning and activities; and (4) communicating in writing to prepare reports, justifications, presentations, and recommendations for management officials (5) ability to collect, review, consolidate and analyze data in reporting requirements and information gathering process.
Although this position does not have a positive education requirement, you may submit copies of your transcripts or a course listing.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THIS VACANCY: A preliminary background check must be initiated before you can begin work with the U.S. Department of Energy. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check; these will be handled on a case-by-case basis in coordination with the Security Office. Failure to receive a favorable background investigation will result in termination from employment. This position requires a security clearance and is subject to drug testing. If selected, you must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass subsequent tests could result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
When the announcement closes, your application will be evaluated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training as it relates to the duties and qualification requirements of the position. You may be further evaluated by subject matter experts. The scores of the subject matter experts will be combined with the score given by the system. NOTE: If it is determined that your responses to the job-specific questions are inconsistent with your resume or if your resume is incomplete, you will be rated ineligible or not qualified.
To preview questions please click here.
BENEFITS:Back to top
The Federal government provides a variety of benefits. Please visit Benefits
for additional information.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. You must meet all qualification requirements outlined on this vacancy announcement within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement. "As a member of the Council on Veterans Program the Department of Energy supports our nation's veterans through various veteran hiring initiatives and authorities." THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Submit an online resume and respond to the job specific questions. Apply online at USAJobs. If you are unable to apply online, call the Human Resources Specialist listed in the announcement between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EST.
Submit all required documents by 11 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to receive consideration. NEW FEATURES
Upload - Using the Document Manager, upload document (.gif, .jpeg, .png, .rtf, .pfg, and .doc format only) directly from your computer.
USAJOBS - Using the Document Manager, download a document you previously attached from your USAJOBS account for this vacancy.
Fax - Print the Fax Cover Sheet, then fax cover sheet and document(s) to 571-258-4052.
1. SUBMIT YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION WHICH INCLUDES YOUR RESUME, YOUR RESPONSES TO ALL ONLINE ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS, and all required supplemental documents in order to be considered. 2. Current or former Federal government employees must submit a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50. Ensure that the SF-50 includes your highest grade and step and your tenure. 3. Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), Please see the VEOA Information Sheet at VEOA
for additional information. 4. If you believe that you are Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligible, please visit CTAP/ICTAP
for additional information. To be considered well qualified, you must have a score of 85. 5. If you are eligible for any Special Appointing Authority, you must submit the documentation supporting your eligibility. For additional information, visit
Disability Program and Veterans
. 5. Legible documentation identified above must be faxed to 571-258-4052 by the closing date of this announcement using the required cover sheet. Our system will not recognize substitute cover sheets. Each document must be faxed separately as each sheet includes an identification number. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org once your documents have been received. Please fax your supplemental documents per these instructions.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status any time after the announcement closes. Please update your USAJOBS profile to receive these updates via email after the announcement closes. We will continue to update your status on-line.