Job Title:Forestry Technician (Fire) GS-0462-04/05
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:NRO-13-04
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$27,990.00 to $40,706.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, November 08, 2012 to Thursday, November 22, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Seasonal|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Defiance, AZ United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Region Wide - Application will be accepted from Indian Preference applicants, US Citizens, from current and former competitive service Federal employees, and people eligible under special hiring authorities. Position will be filed in accordance with the Indian Preference Policy.|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 784494
This position has been identified as one of the key fire management positions under the Interagency Fire Program Management (IFPM) Standard. This position has been categorized as a SENIOR FIREFIGHTER, and requires selectee to meet the minimum qualification standards for IFPM prior to being placed into the position. Detailed information regarding IFPM positions can be found at http://www.ifpm.nifc.gov
FORESTRY TECHNICIAN (FIRE), GS-0462-04/05
PD# 4430075, Navajo Region, Trust Services
Branch of Fire Management and Aviation, Engines Section
Fort Defiance, Arizona
GS-04: $27,990 - $36,384 Per Annum
GS-05: $31,315 - $40,706 Per Annum
- THIS IS A PERMANENT FULL-TIME SEASONAL POSITIONS AND SUBJECT TO PLACEMENT IN NON-PAY STATUS WHEN SERVICES ARE NOT NEEDED DUE TO LACK OF WORK, FUNDS, OR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE. ANY RELOCATION EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH REPORTING FOR DUTY IN THIS POSITION WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED EMPLOYEE.
- GOVERNMENT HOUSING MAY BE AVAILABLE.
- THIS POSITION IS AN ARDUOUS POSITION AND IS SUBJECT TO DRUG TESTING, MEDICAL EXAMINATION, PHYSICAL FITNESS TESTING, AND FAVORABLE RESULTS OF A COMPLETED BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible.
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA): Preference eligibles may apply for permanent positions (career or career-conditional appointments) under merit promotion procedures for VEOA appointments; however, veterans preference is not a factor in these appointments. To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, a veteran must be a preference eligible OR veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions. Applicants must submit a copy of their DD-214 for verification of eligibility. For more information, click here: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shav/index.aspx#veoa
- U.S. Citizenship is Required.
- Selectee is subject to a background security investigation.
- Appointment may include a requirement for one year probationary period.
- Applications will only be accepted online or by Fax to 1-478-757-3144.
- Testing Designated Position DOI Drug-Free Workplace Program.
- Subject to Medical Screening and Physical Fitness Testing.