Applicants must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
For the GS-12 level - 52 weeks equivalent to the GS-11 level in the in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and this is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include:
- Researching, reviewing and interpreting organizational or agency, regulations, and procedures relative to a specific program.
- Providing recommendations to senior level supervisors in a wide variety of functions associated with the planning, direction and management of agency programs compliance, and administrative duties; such as assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive program administrative support to include; program performance, effectiveness, quality assurance, and accountability.
- Work processing Freedom of Information Act request, in accordance with 5 USC 552, as well as records management, and customer service functions, to include helpdesk/call-center customer service functions.
There is no substitution of education for experience for this position.
Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time-after-competitive-appointment requirements, as well as qualifications requirements, within 30 calendar days after the closing date of the vacancy announcement to be eligible for consideration for selection. Please reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be evaluated against the evaluation factors below and will be placed into a category based on your vacancy question responses.
Category A - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and has successful experience in the same or similar job that has demonstrated superior proficiency in applying critical competencies required by this position to work of increased levels of difficulty and complexity.
Category B - Meets the basic qualification requirements for the vacancy and demonstrates satisfactory proficiency in the critical competencies required by this position.
Category C - Meets the specialized experience described in the minimum qualifications requirements section of this announcement and demonstrates proficiency in the basic competencies.
Evaluation Factors (Competencies) - All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following key competencies (click Evaluation Tools for information):
All qualified applicants will be evaluated on the following key competencies:
- Information Management: Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information; organizes and maintains information or information management systems.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Technical Competence: Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one's job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Organizational Awareness: Knows the organization's mission and functions, and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively within them; this includes the programs, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of the organization.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; causes change.
- Written Communication: Recognizes or uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information, which may include technical material that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Interpersonal Skills: Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds.
- Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Self-Management: Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Teamwork: Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, and group identity; fosters commitment and team spirit; works with others to achieve goals.
- Manage and Organizes Information: Knows the organization’s mission and functions, and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively within them; this includes the programs, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of the organization. Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production.
The information you provide may be verified by a review of your work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (ex. interview). The examining Human Resources Office (HRO) makes the final determination concerning applicant ratings. Your resume MUST provide sufficient information to substantiate your responses to the vacancy questions. If not, the HRO may amend your responses to more accurately reflect the level of competency indicated by the content of your resume.
Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (ex. interview, panel review, written test, writing sample, etc.)
INFORMATION FOR ICTAP ELIGIBLES ONLY: If you are eligible for special priority selection under ICTAP, you must be well-qualified for the position to receive consideration. ICTAP eligibles who are placed into Category B or higher will be considered "well-qualified".
Click Application of Veterans Preference for Category Rating Jobs
for more information. To preview questions please click here.