Social Security NumberVacancy Identification Number
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package.
All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. EST, Thursday, November 29, 2012 to be considered.
Please follow the instructions listed below for submitting the Occupational Questionnaire, Résumé, and Required Documents.
Please read all instructions before you begin. You are solely responsible for the delivery of your materials. We cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, etc.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the bottom of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 777932. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
The Vacancy Identification Number is:7779321. Title of Job
Supervisory Attorney-Adviser2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
1511. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are not entitled to veteran's preference, mark "No preference claimed." Except for disabled veterans, (1) those who entered active duty on or after October 15, 1976, and before September 8, 1980, must have an authorized campaign badge; OR, (2) those who enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty (through means other than enlistment) on or after October 14, 1982, must have (a) completed at least 24 months of continuous, active duty service AND have served in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR, (b) have served at least one day during the period for which a campaign medal has been authorized; OR (b) have served at least one day during the period of 08/02/90 through 01/02/92 AND have 24 months of continuous, active duty service, or been a reservist activated during that period. Persons who returned from military service at the rank of major, lieutenant commander, or higher are not entitled to veteran's preference except as disabled veterans.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
How did you become aware of this vacancy?
1 SEC's website
2 Local Newspaper
3 National Newspaper
5 SEC Employee
7 USA Jobs
8 Career/Job Fair
9 Other20. Occupational Specialties
001 - This position is opened to U.S. citizens and citizens of allied nations.
001 Excepted Service21. Geographic Availability
061980037 Los Angeles, CA22. Transition Assistance Plan
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the "Benefits/Other" section for additional information and instructions.
23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
The following are basic requirements for this position. Please select the letter that best describes your education and/or experience.
1. Do you possess a JD or LL.B Degree?
2. Are you an active member of the bar in good standing in any state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico?
3. From the descriptions below select the letter that corresponds to the statement that most accurately describes your experience as it directly related to this position.
A. I have at least three years of post JD experience as a practicing attorney which includes at least two years of specialized experience providing expert legal advice for sensitive and complex programs, issues and problems dealing with nationwide examination or inspection activities for investment advisers (including advisers to hedge funds, private equity funds and other private funds), investment companies or other securities related organizations; leading teams of staff with varying backgrounds and experiences (e.g., legal, accounting, examining) in effectively investigating/examining firms' policies, procedures, and/or practices to determine compliance with applicable federal securities laws and other requirements; and recommending solutions to problems identified during examinations.
B. My level of experience is not described above.
For each task, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedure.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
4. Assigns work taking into account skills and abilities of the staff and monitoring work performance.
5. Informs staff of what is expected and advising them of necessary changes as jobs progress, and holding them responsible for timely completion of work assignments.
6. Motivates and works with staff to function as a team, taking into accountant individual and organizational needs.
7. Preparing reports that are accurate, succinct, grammatically correct, and logically organized based on analysis of specialized data and records from different sources.
8. Providing to others specific and detailed guidance and feedback on preparing reports and written work product that is accurate, succinct, grammatically correct, and logically organized.
9. Participating in verbal discussions to justify or negotiate matters involving significant or controversial issues.
10. In a leadership capacity, explaining, advocating, and expressing critical facts and ideas in a convincing manner and with the appropriate level of detail in order for an individual or group of persons with different skills and experience levels to achieve a desired outcome.
11. In briefing management or representing the organization at briefings, meetings, or conferences, conveying complex and technical information clearly and concisely with the appropriate level of detail.
12. Applied and interpreted the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act of 1940 (the "IA/IC Acts") and other federal securities laws and rules thereunder with an understanding of the interrelationship of the various laws to the investigation of registered investment entities, such as experience calculating or reviewing the calculation of an investment company's net asset value relative to the requirements of the laws and regulations.
13. Provided senior management advice on the requirements of the IA/IC Acts and other federal securities laws in relation to the conduct of difficult and sensitive compliance investigations/examinations, such as investigations/examinations of registrants engaged in new or complex activities or problematic or violative practices.