Job Title:Physician (Pediatrics)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:MD-DHL-13-638
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, November 09, 2012 to
Thursday, January 31, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Redstone Arsenal, AL United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
A recruitment or relocation bonus will be authorized.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Duty location: You will be working in the Department of Ambulatory Care at Fox Army Health Center at Redstone Arsenal, AL.
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States.
You may apply online by Clicking Here
You may check your status online at http://medcell.army.mil/status.asp
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- Moving expenses will be paid
DUTIES:Back to top
You will serve as a pediatric physician assigned to the Patient Centered Medical Home, Fox Army Community Health Center, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, performing duties in the Pediatric Clinic. Must be board certified/board eligible in pediatrics. Treats children or prescribes course of treatment.
You will supervises isolation measures for children with communicable diseases. Provides medical care and treatment for communicable diseases in all age groups when necessary. Directs and conducts clinic for children. Records medical data case history on prescribed Army Medical Department forms. Performs physical examinations on children as required. Provides technical medical supervision For Pediatric Nurse. You will instruct and supervise other medical personnel in care and treatment of patients. You will administer and prescribe medicine and treatment. Employs such technical and diagnostic procedures as: X-rays, electrocardiograms, laboratory procedures examination of tissues (utilizing microscopic laboratory facilities at the Army Area Medical Laboratory, etc.) Cases vary widely and frequently involve dealing with situations of a highly technical and complex nature such as combinations of malfunctions, diseases and disabilities with overlapping signs or symptoms involving any or all basic systems of the anatomy. Overall, the diagnoses and treatments extend to many fields of medical specializations, e.g., dermatology, allergy, pathology, pediatrics, psychiatry, neurology and others.
You will have authority for direct referral to specialists on the staff of the Health Center or Civilian Network for further treatment or to establish treatment program with supporting services on an outpatient basis, i.e., social work, physical therapy, radiology, dental, psychiatry, etc., for patients.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Minimum Qualifications: Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).]
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States
Specialized Experience: Candidates must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they possess 4 years of specialized experience to include internship/residency training in the specialty of Pediatrics. This required experience/training will include such skills as, but not limited to, performing examinations, diagnoses, administering and prescribing medicine and treatment. At least one year of this experience must have been at the next lower level, which would involve independent treatment of complex cases requiring advanced skills.
Click here for more information.
- Personnel security investigation required.
- A medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations.
- This position requires a Child Background Check (CNACI).
- Must comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- If selected, official college or university transcript must be submitted.
- Must provide documents for credentialing for health care positions.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification Current Advanced Life Support of other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- You must include the announcement number on your application.
- Applicants claiming veteran's preference must clearly show an entitlement to such preference on the resume/supplemental data submitted.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Resumes will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this Job Announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.