Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade 12 level or above in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience as a developer using WebFOCUS language or similar industry standard reporting tools such as Business Objects to create complex, state of the art financial reporting systems, dashboards and reports.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
Applicants eligible for CTAP (Career Transition Assistance Program) or ICTAP (Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program) must achieve a score of 85 or higher in the online assessment to be determined "well qualified" for this position. For more information, click here.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Phased Rating will be used for this announcement:
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements outlined in this announcement. Therefore, it is imperative that your resume contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make the qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level. If you rated yourself higher on the questionnaire than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
If you are found qualified, you will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, or Qualified. These category assignments are a measure of the degree in which your background and responses to the assessment questions match the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below. Within these categories, candidates eligible for veterans preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
1. Knowledge of a wide range of analytical methods and proficiency with state-of-the-art automated systems to effectively provide technical advice and guidance on complex accounting, asset inventory and reporting systems.
2. Skill in the use of WebFOCUS, a business intelligence language and reporting tool, to create complex, state of the art financial reporting systems, dashboards and reports.
3. Ability to use industry standard databases and reporting tools sufficient to data mine and formulate reports that reflect the efficiency and effectiveness of financial program operations.
You do not need to respond separately to these KSAs. Your answers to the online questionnaire and resume will serve as responses to the KSAs.
NOTE: Category Rating with Phased Rating Process:
1. Category Rating combines the applicant's total qualifying experience and education and training into a single quality category as part of the applicant's overall evaluation. If you meet the basic qualification requirements, your entire application package will be further evaluated to determine the quality and extent of your experience, education, training, etc. The applicant's responses to the assessment questions in the vacancy announcement, as supported by the resume, will count toward a portion of the applicant's total evaluation. In addition Phased Rating incorporates a panel review and a structured interview as a portion of the applicant's total evaluation.
2. The panel will validate the applicants' answers to the assessment questions against information provided in their resumes, including their paid or volunteer experience, education, training, certifications; and for FDIC employees, in their current performance appraisal. The results from the panel review will determine who is interviewed.
3. A structured applicant interview will be conducted as part of the assignment of a final rating assessment.
The total evaluation assigned to an applicant from the assessment questions, panel review and structured interview will determine who is eligible for referral to management for selection consideration. To preview questions please click here.